2009 Bulang Early Spring Green Pu-erh Tea Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “I find that the more sheng I drink the more I sort of come to crave it and like it... This came as a sample from Puershop.com, the sample was pretty inexpensive and they give you a good amount to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2342 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

The cake was made of the first flush tender leaves/tips harvested in 2009 Spring, Bulang Mountain area, a collection piece with limited production.

We are hit by a strong aroma the minute the wrapper is opened. If you want to know what a real Spring Bulang tea tastes alike, this is it. For people who love Bulang tea, this is a must have.

A lot of people ask about a clean tea broth that tastes, this is it. No trail of smokiness, no ‘off’ smell, but pure and simple, the brewed tea is aromatic, floral honey, typical Menghai flavour and a good sweet aftertaste. We got a high expectation for this tea to become something wonderful.

We liked it so much, we got all we could put our hands on, 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Green Pu-erh tea cake 357g Vintage 2009 Raw/Green/Unfermented Premium class Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate Special-Reserve

About PuerhShop.com View company

I find that the more sheng I drink the more I sort of come to crave it and like it…

This came as a sample from Puershop.com, the sample was pretty inexpensive and they give you a good amount to play around with. This is not an expensive cake anyway, the entire beeng is only $19.

This tastes like what it is, a Chinese green tea. It’s slightly earthy and woodsy with no extreme astringent or bitter flavors, it has a bit of a sweet aftertaste. I did accidentally leave my first steep too long which made the tea pretty harsh. But, I should know better! My second steep was around 30 seconds and that was a good amount for this one.

I’m not a sheng expert but thought this was a good value for the price, especially if you can keep the steeping times very short. It did not blow my mind but it’s quite ready to drink now…