2009 Jingmai Old Tree Buds Pu-erh Tea Cake

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “I still have quite a bit of this sample left that I purchased from PuerhShop.com, but I don't know how well it is aging in a ziploc bag. So this tea is 5 years old now and I think it is aging...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “When I first opened the package I was impressed that the tiny leaves were beautifully intact. I steeped it for the first time this afternoon. While I'm not a fan of the initial smokiness of the tea...” Read full tasting note
    tanluwils 9 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

This tea cake is composed of sun dried, spring-harvested, unpolluted, arbor tea buds from Jingmai mountains. Dry leaf is awesome, and the infused liquor has a pretty and clear golden color. The cup itself retains this very full and fresh fragrance with something refreshing. Light sweetness and a pungency go nicely hand in hand.

Green Pu-erh Tea Cake 357g Vintage: 2009 unfermented or raw Medium class Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

I still have quite a bit of this sample left that I purchased from PuerhShop.com, but I don’t know how well it is aging in a ziploc bag.

So this tea is 5 years old now and I think it is aging nicely so far. It still has a bit of wildness in the finish of the flavor, but is mostly mellow with nice woodsy flavors and a bit of smoke. I am drinking this out of the xiying teapot this morning, it’s been nice to revisit this one. I would consider buying a cake of this but maybe I should work on drinking more of the teas I have :)

When I first opened the package I was impressed that the tiny leaves were beautifully intact. I steeped it for the first time this afternoon. While I’m not a fan of the initial smokiness of the tea (taste and aroma), it does have its own cha qi and a refreshing finish that I found comforting on the stomach after having a lot of lamb for dinner. I see ageing potential in this tea.