2009 Jingmai Old Tree Buds Pu-erh Tea Cake

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “Another sheng sample from Puershop.com. :) I gave this one a quick rinse and steeped it for about 45 seconds in an infuser mug, it's light yellow and is mildly smoky and woodsy with a sweet...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2356 tasting notes
  • “When I first opened the package I was impressed that the tiny leaves were beautifully intact. I steeped it for the first time this afternoon. While I'm not a fan of the initial smokiness of the tea...” Read full tasting note
    tanluwils 8 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

This tea cake is composed of sun dried, spring-harvested, unpolluted, arbor tea buds from Jingmai mountains. Dry leaf is awesome, and the infused liquor has a pretty and clear golden color. The cup itself retains this very full and fresh fragrance with something refreshing. Light sweetness and a pungency go nicely hand in hand.

Green Pu-erh Tea Cake 357g Vintage: 2009 unfermented or raw Medium class Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

Another sheng sample from Puershop.com. :)

I gave this one a quick rinse and steeped it for about 45 seconds in an infuser mug, it’s light yellow and is mildly smoky and woodsy with a sweet aftertaste. This is a nice mellow sheng which is certainly ready to drink now. It doesn’t have a lot of complexity, I assume that might evolve over time as this is only 3 years old. I liked it though, it’s quite ready to drink now if you wanted to….

When I first opened the package I was impressed that the tiny leaves were beautifully intact. I steeped it for the first time this afternoon. While I’m not a fan of the initial smokiness of the tea (taste and aroma), it does have its own cha qi and a refreshing finish that I found comforting on the stomach after having a lot of lamb for dinner. I see ageing potential in this tea.