2011 MGH 1108 Mangku Ripe Pu-erh Tea Brick

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Steep The Tree
Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 7 g 5 oz / 150 ml

From PuerhShop.com

2011 MGH 1108 Ripe Pu-erh Tea Brick 250g (美国号1108勐库乔木熟砖)

MGH 1108 is made of big tree Mengku materials fermented in 2009 at Menghai.

In comparison with MGH 1104, it’s sweeter, smooth, no ‘off’ (such as dirt/earthy, fishy, pondy, and sour) taste, super easy to drink. You would find it an everyday brew-me-now tea, despite of its poor appearance.

It offers better taste profile, higher nutritional value with no chemical additive, the big tree/Qiaomu/Arbor material IS the essence of a premium tea. The traditional tried and true processing method was adopted in making of these MGH teas.

About PuerhShop.com View company

Revisiting . I’ve had quite a few shu since I had this one. Still love it. Maybe even more. It’s not boring smooth but its very pleasant. Wet leaves smell of dried cherry. Brew is a dark red color. Some fruity and dark chocolate flavors. I did shorter steeps than last time
Rinse 5 sec 15/5/5/5/10 to be cont
I have this warmth down my throat even though I’m not drinking it now. Put it on pause

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
Stephanie

Dried cherry and chocolate sound amazing

boychik

Those are my faves. It’s possible I just hallucinate. I want chocolate and dried cherries;)

This tea delivers what it promises of a sweet and easy drinking cheap everyday puerh. Smooth but not silky as while it has a pleasant lack of rough edges it does not come close to entering into silky (creamy) territory. I also like how it is the first Puerh Shop private label ripe puerh that is just a simple brick and not the mini bricks that never work out as planned.

mrmopar

john your review just had me purchase this cake thanks for the tasting note!

The Shu was rather interesting. It had a very mild duiwei. I usually like my ripe puerhs to have a far stronger aroma, but I thought I’d take a chance with this one.

After the initial wash, I took notice that the leaves gave off quite the pleasant aroma. I was quickly captivated by this puerh. The first brew was a rather light golden brown color and also had a very light earthy flavor, even woodiness to it. The second was a bit bolder of a flavor, still retaining a bit of astringency to it, but not necessarily in a negative way. I found the third brew to be the best. There was just a perfect balance between flavor, color, and aroma. The later infusion were still great, up to about the 6th brew. Then the intensity of flavor began to fade quickly. I maxed out the tea at about 10 steeps.

I actually like this Pu quite a bit, and I will be looking forward to trying it again in a few months.

Very smooth and deep flavor. Rich tasting but not earthy. A fine everyday tea!

I’m really loving this… boychik sent me this to try, and I can not thank her enough.
I remember reading in one of her reviews that she was getting a plum pudding sort of thing from her pu-erh—not this one, another one (if that never happened, boychik, and it’s just a dream of mine, please forgive me…ha!), and I’ve gotta say, that’s what this is to me. It’s like I just unwrapped my pud after cooking it for hours on the stovetop….I even get walnuts here (I know, I’m probably crazy…)… It’s absolutely delicious.
Doughy sweetness, with hints of fruit and chocolate….
I could drink this all day (and I have….) :)

boychik

I was just brewing this one for two days in my new Yixing to speed up the seasoning. 7g in 150ml, so good

boychik

it makes me so happy you shared my passion. oh shou, how much i love you…

DeliriumsFrogs

Oh, Yixing! I have yet to delve into that… the seasoning of the clay is so interesting to me! New teaware is always so much fun. :)
I am so happy that you got me to try this…. oh shou, how much i love you INDEED! lol

Tea Sipper

Oh man, I almost just bought this one with my puerhshop order! You make it sound good!

boychik provided me with so many nice teas to try! This week is going to be such a treat :)

I was very intrigued by the notes on this puerh, so I was super pleased it showed up in my samples box. I drank it all day and found it to be extremely clean tasting. So very mild and pleasant. I bet I could trick a non-puerh drinker into liking this one. I don’t even really get an earthy vibe from it. It got sweeter an sweeter as the steeps continued.

priced right!