2011 Yiwu Pinweizhichun Pu-erh Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Yet another sample and a bit too small for me to be able to give a true review of it as I normally use a bit more ripe puerh at a time. Despite brewing light it has a smooth edge to it. Even...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 224 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

Menluo Yiwu Pinweizhichun Pu-erh Tea Cake

In a master’s hand, it’s possible to duplicate a success.

2011 Yiwu Pinweizhichun Pu-erh Tea Cake was made by using better raw materials and it was fermented properly. The cake, since its born, had become the object of many tea marketers, including famous Yiwu Hongqing Hao (I did not buy their expensive offerings) that wanted to make this tea their own, that was, packed in their wrapper, so as to fatch top dollars.

Super nice, thick, and sweet with no ‘off’ taste, many whom tasted this tea confessed this one was better than its 2009 counterpart. Should I say more?

In May 2012 I heard the story and asked Mr. Zhou at Yiwu Manluo Tea Factory if I could get some? He told me it was all sold out. But he somehow managed to allocate a few for me, now you had the chance to check it out.

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

Yet another sample and a bit too small for me to be able to give a true review of it as I normally use a bit more ripe puerh at a time. Despite brewing light it has a smooth edge to it. Even though this ripe puerh was said to be made with really premium leaves I can not really tell that much of a difference. Sure it is a good puerh on its own merits but if you expect this one to be special or above the rest then you will be in for a disappointing cup of tea.