2011 MGH 1109 Mangfei Pu-erh Tea Brick

Grass, Hay, Honey, Leather, Sweet, Tobacco
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 oz / 100 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Pretty impressed with this raw puerh. Dry leaves had a minty smell to me. When I brewed the tea, they smelled more smoky and herbal. I didn’t get much of any smoke in the flavor of the...” Read full tasting note
    Matu 275 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

2011 MGH 1109 Mangfei Pu-erh Tea Brick Raw 250g
This brick is made by using Fall big tree materials from Mangfei, Yongde area. All hand made, it’s sweet, full of flavor, endurable, definitely a worthwhile tea for current consumption and long term storage.

The big tree/Qiaomu/Arbor material IS the essence of a premium tea. The traditional tried and true processing method was adopted in making of these MGH teas. You can taste the difference now and in the furture when the tea is aged. Come to appreciate one of the best Pu-erh teas we manage to make, and we are proud of it.

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

Pretty impressed with this raw puerh. Dry leaves had a minty smell to me. When I brewed the tea, they smelled more smoky and herbal. I didn’t get much of any smoke in the flavor of the tea. It was sweet throughout a session which lasted over 10 steeps. I got notes of honey and what could have been either tobacco or leather (maybe both). I also detected a bit of grassy or hay taste during a couple of mid-steeps. Body was not particularly strong but was slick in the mouth. Bitterness was almost nonexistent, except for in a mouth-drying feeling from steeps 3-5 or so. Possible the body would be more robust if I pushed this tea more, but that might also increase the bitterness. Pleased with this purchase. Great price to quality ratio in my opinion. Leaves are rather large and not too chopped up or anything.

Flavors: Grass, Hay, Honey, Leather, Sweet, Tobacco