2009 Douji Fragrant Pu-erh Tea Brick

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cole

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Holy COW this is good! Apparently after a few years, the "fragrance" becomes one with the brick. This is such a sweet, delicious brew that both smells and tastes like raisins, citrus, and plums;...” Read full tasting note
    ilchymis 40 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

Douji has been a rising star in high quality Pu-erh tea arena. Using the best of arbor materials harvested in early Spring and processed strictly by the traditional method, it won the heart and soul of many tea collectors. A critic even goes as far as saying this: in a few years, there are only two brands standing out in Pu-erh tea, ‘Dayi’ for shu/cooked and ‘Douji’ for sheng/raw.

Douji products won both ‘Best Quality’ and ‘Most Collectable Value’ awards in a competition. Once again in 2009, this brick won a gold award in China Tea Expo, Shenghai.

Pu-erh Tea Cake 250g/8.81ounces Unfermented or raw Vintage 2009 Premium class Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

Holy COW this is good!

Apparently after a few years, the “fragrance” becomes one with the brick. This is such a sweet, delicious brew that both smells and tastes like raisins, citrus, and plums; with a slightly peachy aftertaste. Smooth mouthfeel. Nice, dark honey color. Long lasting aftertaste. Yum, yum, yum!

Bought this to age, but I’ll definitely be drinking more of this brick. I figured all that “award winning” talk was just conjecture, but it really is a top-notch brick.

Azzrian

ohhh sounds yummy!

Cole

It is! If you stick to short infusions, and drink when it’s hot, it doesn’t get too bitter either. I let my fourth or fifth infusion go for a little over a minute and cool, and it was rather strong. Still yummy, but bold — hope that means it’ll still have some life when it ages!

tunes&tea

I should be getting my first full order min from PuerhShop any day now, I can’t wait. I got a nice big sampler earlier on, yet found I couldn’t afford to drink regularly what I had sampled. It still helped me to learn so not regretable at all.

Cole

You won’t be disappointed (unless you picked some crummy teas ;). I was very impressed with their 2009 Loose Golden Leaf Imperial (cooked) puerh, and the 2007 Mengku Bingdao Arbor Mao Cha, if you’d like some affordable reccomendations. Their 1105 brick or cake is also top-notch for the price.

Hope you like!