2007 Changtai Lingbao

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a most delicious Raw Puerh, I just got a sample and Now i want to get an entire cake. I don't often use the word complex to describe a tea but in this case it's the best word, This Tea has...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 410 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

2007 Changtai’s Lingbao Pu-erh Cake Tea (昌泰灵宝青饼)

Back in 2005, Changtai Tea Group was in its heydays. It was promoted as a premium tea company by a number of Hongkong and Taiwan merchants.

This tea cake was made by using premium Menghai materials and it was stored in Menghai since 2007, we found it a tasty tea with nice sweet aftertaste. It is certified organic, and it’s one of the best Changtai new products few could find.

Thumbs up. It is a personal favorite.

Green Pu-erh Tea Cake 380g
Raw or Green
Vintage 2007
Premium class
Loose tea leaves
Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

I don’t often use the word complex to describe a tea but in this case it’s the best word, This Tea has a slightly complex and wonderful flavor profile to me.
The armoa of this one when dry is slightly vegetal raw puerh type aroma and the taste of this one starts of with pleasant bitter and slightly sweet vegetal notes on the first few steeping while at around the 3rd and 4th steeps it develops first some wonderful sweet Roasted Oolong characteristics then I get earthy woodsy notes like sandalwood and forest I think to myself Wow now it’s like a Shu :)
The aroma of the steeped leafe is quite earthy and much like a shu/ripe puerh aroma, I got about 3 more steeps of delicious slightly sweet but bitter, woodsy, earthy goodness, Super Nice Puerh, I think anybody could enjoy this one.

100 points for this one for sure, I’m seriously gonna get a whole cake now :)