2012 MGH 1206 Green Pu'erh Brick

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I tried three of Puerhshop's MGH bricks, and they were all good. This one and the "Eco Big Tree 1214" especially. The 1214 is definitely the milder and more friendly of the two, ready to sit...” Read full tasting note
    tperez 107 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

This brick is made by using 2012 Spring big tree materials from Lincang area.

It’s refreshing to start with a bright yellow broth, then pure bitterness, giving away to a nice throat feeling long after drinking the tea.

A worthwhile tea for current consumption and long term storage.
250g brick

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

I tried three of Puerhshop’s MGH bricks, and they were all good. This one and the “Eco Big Tree 1214” especially. The 1214 is definitely the milder and more friendly of the two, ready to sit patiently after ringing your doorbell. This one (the 1206) is much more likely to kick the door down.

The leaves are medium-small for pu’er, fairly uniform and olive green in color. Compression of the brick is medium; higher than a big stone-pressed cake, but nowhere near a large factory tuo-rock. Dry aroma is dried peach/apricot, tobacco, and grass.

The flavor is very penetrating, with a strong menthol coolness. It has the fresh, pure, mineral quality I associate with Lincang, and a flavor like stewed apples and tobacco. It has a powerful, refreshing bitterness and full, sweet mouthfeel. The early steeps have a very slight smokiness, which dissipates later and shows a bit of a floral, grassy side. Very thick and sweet.

Overall, it’s great! When I first got this brick I was newer to sheng I put it aside as being too bitter and brutish, but now I’m thinking about grabbing a brick or two more (and heck, its pretty cheap)

mrmopar

Aging does a brick good!

tperez

Yep! I’m always excited to see how teas will change as they get older