Cleanse

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Buy the Stars

From Pukka

Cleanse tea is a unique blend of cleansing herbs with fantastic purifying properties. Drink it throughout the day to help maintain a healthy, glowing complexion.

• Nettle leaf and dandelion root cleanse and nourish the skin
• Fennel seed and peppermint leaf add a delightfully sweet flavou
• Aloe vera juice and licorice root are refreshing

Naturally caffeine free, 100% organically grown and ethically sourced, we hope this is the best cleansing tea you will ever taste.

About Pukka View company

After lunch tea here! I got this at the Berkeley Bowl last night which is a huge grocery store in Berkeley. They have a pretty large tea selection but I was looking for something with nettles in it (for allergies) so I picked this one up. I haven’t seen Pukka teas in any other local store. They also had tins by Harney and the Tao of Tea, among others.

Dry teabag smells very licorice-y, which I assume is due to the licorice and fennel. The overall flavor is herbaceous, with a sweet note and a very slight minty element. Due to the fennel and mint element, I believe this will be a decent digestif and I like the flavor. This actually exceeded my expectations. Licorice haters be warned, this is not the tea for you… Looking forward to trying some more organic herbal teas by Pukka.

Time to cleanse the palete after that last disappointment! Cleanse isn’t one of my preferred Pukka teas, but since I’m still desiring some detoxification I picked this out of the tea cabinet.

The liquor is a nutty brown, definitely from the fennel, nettle, and dandelion. I can definitely understand why someone wouldn’t like this, since it’s pretty far from traditional savory teas. There is a light sweetness from the licorice, but it comes out more when the tea is cold or iced. It’s not for everyone, not a snack tea or an everyday staple, but good every once and a while.

In terms of the perported skin benefits, I can get pretty bad acne at times and I don’t notice any difference when I drink the tea. Maybe you’d have to drink it more often, or more than one cup a day, but as with a lot of the benefits that Pukka advertises for their herbal tea. A lot of the time I find that it’s very psychosomatic: if you enjoy the tea, enjoy brewing it and the taste of it, then you’ll probably feel better when you drink it. For the more physical benefits like what Cleanse is supposed to do, your mileage may vary.

Boiling 8 min or more

I love the nettle flavor of this tea it’s light and nutty, and my face actually started clearing up a tad after about a month of drinking it.