Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Elderflower, Lavender Flowers, Licorice Root, Marigold Petals, Rose
Flowers, Licorice, Sweet, Floral, Perfume
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Pukka

Warm your heart with this delicate infusion of sweet floral aromas. Love tea is an irresistible blend to help you feel positively uplifted. So why don’t you ‘Pukka’ up and let the love flow?!

Roses and lavender are fragrant symbols of love

Elderflowers, marigolds, limeflowers and chamomile relax your emotional heart

Licorice is a sweet and delicious herb

About Pukka View company

Sipdown. I really do like this. Its quite good, full bodied and flavorful. I can get it fairy easily, so at some point I will welcome it back into my cupboard.

It has a nice flowery blend. There is also this sweet aftertaste at the back of my throat (same one as in Celestial’s Tension Tamer) that I just cant place…common ingredients are chamomile and licorice but i don’t think it is either of those.

I really like that sweetness at the end…if anybody knows what it is..and the other teas that have that – pls, let me know :)

Thanks for this sample, Kasumi!

Kasumi no Chajin

I do know both teas have licorice in common

Aroma when Dry: floral, rose jumps out, camomile next
After water is first poured: balanced floral all notes present, hinting at lavender
At end of steep: slightly fruity, floral, rose and camomile most noticeable
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: light grass yellow
Staple? Yes, primarily medicinal
Time of day preferred: Afternoon, evening
first notes: rose, slightly woody, then chamomile closes
As it cools? Chamomile notes surface only slightly, rose lingers longer
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, with general floral texture, notes build with each sip.

A tea I save for cloudy days, when I’d rather stay indoors. Bought originally because of the description (Amour!) and notes (rose and lavender — I’m a fan of floral teas), but didn’t turn out to be a favourite (I’m not too fond of the taste of chamomile, and it’s the strongest one here). Be careful not to oversteep! Otherwise, a lovely companion for a grey day and a book. A clear, soothing tea, it’s best when you can see the steam rising from your mug.

Floral, grassy, sweet, and a little bit musty. I was excited to try it based on the variety of flowers in the ingredients, but I’m afraid the chamomile dominates and the rest play supporting roles. Still, it’s a nice relaxing cup to have right before bed, even if it isn’t terribly exciting.

I really enjoy this tea. It’s hard to come by where I live (a small town in the US), but it smells lovely and is definitely a very flowery tea. The flavor is really light, though, which is great. I can’t decide whether I like it better with a little honey or without, but it seems to be good either way!

I usually use 2 teabags every time for 200ml of water. Then the floral fragrant of the tea really stays after taste.

Found this hanging out in the cupboard at work and figured what the hey, as I’ve yet to import masses of work-tea to my new office.

I didn’t think much of it before adding a sachet of sugar, so I don’t think this will be in my regular rotation of daytime teas, as I’m desperately trying to shift the massive paunch I’ve somehow managed to accrue in the last year. Ugh. I’ve gone up two trouser sizes. So depressing. I can’t afford new trousers. I just keep alternating between two pairs at the office and hope nobody notices I clearly don’t own any other trousers that fit. IT IS SLIM DOWN TIME BECAUSE I REALLY DO HAVE OTHER TROUSERS, HONEST

But I digress. I think the reason I felt the need to add sugar to this is that it has a sweet note behind the predominantly chamomile flavour – that’s probably the licorice root at work. I don’t know what it is about licorice root, but the weird sweetness it imparts to some teas gives me this sort of gross cognitive dissonance that makes me need to add actual sugar to make it palatable (probably because I don’t notice the licorice-derived sweet anymore). Which is a shame, because all the other flavours in here are things I should like. Other than that, I mostly get chamomile. Oh well. At least it was free.

The packaging for this tea is absolute eye candy. However, the tea itself isn’t my favourite. I’m not too fond of the taste of chamomile, and it’s the strongest one here. Actually, I find that most of Pukka teas have strong notes of chamomile, no matter the other ingredients. I do taste some liquorice root but the chamomile definitely dominates. After having tried many types of Pukka tea, I must admit I’m not a fan. In my opinion it’s quite low quality tea that doesn’t let flavours come through very well.

I was really excited to try this tisane, and I had had my eye on it for a while. Finally I decided to take the plunge and make the purchase…….and man was I disappointed. I love chamomile, lavender, elderflower and rose….and so I loved the idea of this tea. But it was so weak. It tasted like nothing. Maybe I got a bad box or something, but I ended up using 2 teabags in 10oz of boiling water and never took them out, and the taste was very very faint. Quite disappointing. I will be returning this tisane.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML