Lemongrass & Ginger

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Buy the Stars

From Pukka

Lemongrass and ginger is an delightfully fresh, uplifting organic herbal tea. 100% caffeine-free.
The finest, organic lemongrass has been selected for this fragrant, zesty tea.Blended it with ginger for a subtle spicy finish.

Naturally caffeine free, 100% organically grown and ethically sourced, we hope this is the best lemongrass tea you will ever taste.

(Formerly called Clarity!)

About Pukka View company

I remember having this for the first time and being ridiculously surprised about how it tasted. It’s very savory, and if you’re looking for a traditional, camellia sinensis tea, this likely isn’t for you, but I love it.

I’m a fan of Thai food, and this goes perfectly with pad thai, Thai hot & sour soup, or a Thai curry; I’m sure it would go with any number of other dishes as well. It’s warm and soothing and, at the same time as it’s energizing, very relaxing with the mellow undertones from the licorice. I personally wouldn’t call it spicy, but then, I’ve talked about my love of spicy things before so take that with a grain of salt; the lemon verbana and licorice root definitely do make it sweet, but I unfortunately don’t know enough about amla fruit to really judge it and what it does in the tea. Pukka’s website calls it an Indian Gooseberry and says that it’s used in ayurvedic practices.

I like curling up with this when it’s cold out, so I don’t have it often in the summer, but it’s perfect for fall and winter. I don’t find it ‘energizing’ as in it gives me more physical energy to stay awake/be alert, but clears my head and helps me focus on doing one thing (especially when I’m multitasking out the wazoo, haha), such as… writing this review when I have a paper to be editing.

It’s not one of Pukka’s teas that I have very often, but I do think it’s one of their best.

Boiling 8 min or more

I gave into the marketing for this tea and thought it would a be a great 9:30am tea.

That’s about the time where: I’ve cleared my emails, checked the previous days activity, somehow managed to say morning to my colleagues whilst still being asleep and caught up on news/gossip. These activities also don’t tax the mind so much, so I’m still a bit tired and need a bit of a jolt. Instead of taking swig of oxygen form the cylinders near my office (which If i got caught would get me fired) or injecting my self with some FDG (look it up, this would also get me fired) I decided to give this tea a shot.

The problem with this tea is the flavor combination. The marketing is right, it will give you a jolt but only because the combination of flavors is so repulsive. The lemon grass and ginger is all I can taste. Giving you a hot bitter taste every sip. As it loses temperature, the ginger loses all its flavor and your left with lukewarm lemongrass. Which is just bitter. I don’t know what fruit they are talking about on the box, but it doesn’t matter because the other two flavors completely overwhelm it, if it is even there.

If like me you need that little bit of a lift at work, I would suggest a white tea of some sort with some flavor, Clipper do some fantastic ones. Or you can get into a fight at work but this would probably get you fired.

Amazing, felt so energized after, like a cup of coffee. Brew for a long time to get optimal flavour