Night Time

Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 oz / 265 ml

2 Images

• “This tea is an elixir of the gods. The licorice gives it the sweetest flavour, successfully masks the bitterness of the valerian root, and pairs perfectly with the oat flower. You just get a hint...” Read full tasting note
    ajm97 72 tasting notes
  • “Going to bed, so this must be appropriate. Having a little trouble drinking this tea, but not because of the taste. One of the cats are practically following the mug around the table. Must...” Read full tasting note
    Rijje 93 tasting notes
  • “I really like this tisane! I realised that I might not be sleeping too well because I was drinking too much tea at night. I now drink this and love it. Warming, calming, relaxing. I'd highly...” Read full tasting note
    teakay6 9 tasting notes
  • “My son (8yr) was having problems falling a sleep as he felt restless and unfocused (and then worried about not being able to fall a sleep). I picked this up for him, thinking it would at least give...” Read full tasting note
    haruni 3 tasting notes

From Pukka

Night time tea is a sweet, mellow blend of herbs to help calm, ease tension and nourish the nervous system to enable peaceful sleep and give you a more refreshed awakening.

About Pukka View company

This tea is an elixir of the gods. The licorice gives it the sweetest flavour, successfully masks the bitterness of the valerian root, and pairs perfectly with the oat flower. You just get a hint of the chamomile and lavender, just enough to know that it’s there, and my goodness is it ever nice to fall asleep to! I just wish I could drink this all day long. I can’t wait to try more of Pukka’s blends.

Boiling 8 min or more

Going to bed, so this must be appropriate.

Having a little trouble drinking this tea, but not because of the taste.
One of the cats are practically following the mug around the table.
Must be something like catgrass in the tea?

The tea has a nice yellow color. Oh… wait a moment… the other cat is coming now.
Rubbing herself all over the teabag – Thank you sweetheart, I wanted to reuse that one!

Anyway, my first impression of the tea is a strong smell of lavender.
The second impression was: …Hmm it taste like lavender too. It has a faint taste of liquorice, but it’s very very faint.

It’s not bad, but I am not a lavender fan.
So I guess it’s a OK from me.

Tastenotes:
It’s bitter and sweet at the same time – like dark chocolat.

I really like this tisane! I realised that I might not be sleeping too well because I was drinking too much tea at night. I now drink this and love it. Warming, calming, relaxing. I’d highly recommend this.

(Upped my rating for this as it remains one of my favourite non-tea teas! – great for evenings!)

My son (8yr) was having problems falling a sleep as he felt restless and unfocused (and then worried about not being able to fall a sleep). I picked this up for him, thinking it would at least give him some placebo effect.

I don’t know if the tea really works, or if it is just because he thinks it works, but now he claims that this tea does wonders and requests to have his night-time tea every evening.

I picked this up in England, and I think I only had one cup of it while I was there. I wasn’t quite ready to head off to bed yet, I wanted to organize my studio for a couple of minutes, but didn’t want anything with caffeine. I found this in the cupboard and decided to give it another try.

Initially, I don’t like it that much – it’s overly sweet, and I didn’t add anything to the tea. I think it’s from the licorice root, but I’m not sure. After a few sips, I get used to it somewhat though, and it doesn’t seem as bad. I don’t really taste the lavender though.

I’m still not sure if I like it. It could maybe do with some mint, but that might not be good in a sleep promoting tea. Maybe it’s the chamomile that I am not liking – I’ve never been much of a fan.

I am sleepy though, so I’m going to head off to my bed.

Good night, Steepster!

I never have very high expectations for self-identified functional herbal blends, especially when they list valerian among their ingredients, which is imediately obvious from a sniff of the dried tea bag. It really smells awful in the dried form, so the higher the concentration of valerian, the stinkier the bag.

Fortunately, the brew produced from valerian blends tends to taste much better than the scent of the dried tea bag. In the case of Pukka NIght Time, the odd dominant ingredient is oatstraw flower. Perhaps it was the power of suggestion, but I felt that this was a substantial foodish beverage because of the scent and fullness of the oakstraw flower ( I presume ). The licorice adds a touch of sweetness and the lavender is detectable with being too heavy—a delicate balance I’ve found.

Well, I drank two glasses of Night Time, and I am swiftly spiraling into incoherence.
Bonne Nuit!

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML
TheKesser

Yeah I’m always cautious of the self-identified teas too! Mostly ’cause I find they are either lavender, peppermint, or camomile. haha

sherapop

I will say, TheKesser, that this entry from Pukka in the “bedtime brew” category is a bit different, as the oatstraw flavor is unique!

Where have I been??? I only just found this tea, I love the smell of lavender; very relaxing also I don’t know what is in it but it drives my cat crazy.