Three Ginger

Ginger, Spicy, Licorice
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 11 oz / 315 ml

• “I am getting a cold, so not a good time to be enjoying any new teas. But this was the exception, ginger tea usually really helps my throat. Fresh ginger tea is the most effective but that takes...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 328 tasting notes
  • “I think I got a red pepper flake stuck in my soft palate last night and I awoke many times through the night to discover my sinuses impacting and my throat becoming increasingly sore. I'm drinking...” Read full tasting note
    jimmarks 323 tasting notes
  • “I got this for occasional stomach upsets, and it definitely does the trick in that regard. This tastes to me both peppery and gingery at the same time. I made the mistake of sniffing the teabag,...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “I dunno. It's ... very spicey. I keep thinking "two gingertypes to many". I like my gingertea to be sweet. Out of ten stars it's a five star gingertea. ” Read full tasting note
    Rijje 93 tasting notes

From Pukka

Tingle your taste buds with Three Ginger, a delicious infusion of ginger, galangal and golden turmeric. This combination of warming spices certainly has a kick to it! Three ginger is a wonderfully stimulating blend which will help settle digestion, warm circulation and make you feel positively uplifted.

Caffeine free

Certified organic by the Soil Association

About Pukka View company

I was feeling a bit queasy—more of a headache than a stomach ailment—so this seemed like a great time to try another one of the Pukka functional blends: Three Ginger.

With 51% ginger root, it’s no surprise that this infusion is to my liking! There is a nice ginger bite, and the aftertaste is slightly sweet from the licorice root. Other interesting ingredients are galangal (familiar to me from Thai cuisine, and related to ginger) and turmeric.

All in all, a tasty and soothing golden brew!

Now: does anyone know why this is called “Three Ginger”? Perhaps they are counting galangal as a form of ginger, so with the ginger root and the ginger extract that would make three? Still wouldn’t explain why there is no plural, though!

(Blazing New Rating #5)

Flavors: Ginger

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ended up going for a walk to Whole Foods today and spending money on things I didn’t really need. Well, I did get food but I didn’t need more tea that’s for sure. ;-)

It’s strange that the Whole Foods near my work does not have any Pukka teas at all, but the one closer to my house has a smaller assortment of teas and a lot of the Pukkas. I’ve been wanting to try this for a while. It’s definitely gingery and intense. I’m sure I must have had galangal before in Thai food but I couldn’t really tell you how the flavor is different than ginger. There’s licorice in here too, the tea doesn’t really need it but it provides a bit of sweetness. Also this has a bit of turmeric in it, not enough to really make the tea yellow however. This is definitely a warming and spicy tea! I wish Pukka had a variety pack so I could try some of the individual offerings without having to buy an entire box.

I don’t love it, but I think it will be good to have this one around for my achy body which still feels like that of a 90 yr. old arthritic woman. I am healing a bit more every day!

Flavors: Licorice

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is my new go-to for colds and upset stomach, it totally works! It’s a little strong at first but I got used to it. It’s fantastic with fresh lemon too.

Everyone is saying this has LOTS of flavor, but it seems exceptionally weak to me. I like spicy ginger! Next time I’ll let it steep for lots, lots longer. Not unenjoyable…just not very gingery.

Just bought this again…love it _

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Lots of flavour if a little overpowering at times. Good for the stomach/digestion I’m told.