Three Ginger

Ginger, Licorice, Spicy
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by dreamloomer
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 g 9 oz / 279 ml

• “I am getting a cold, so not a good time to be enjoying any new teas. But this was the exception, ginger tea usually really helps my throat. Fresh ginger tea is the most effective but that takes...” Read full tasting note
    cteresa 354 tasting notes
  • “I think I got a red pepper flake stuck in my soft palate last night and I awoke many times through the night to discover my sinuses impacting and my throat becoming increasingly sore. I’m...” Read full tasting note
    jimmarks 368 tasting notes
  • “I got this for occasional stomach upsets, and it definitely does the trick in that regard. This tastes to me both peppery and gingery at the same time. I made the mistake of sniffing the teabag,...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “I dunno. It’s … very spicey. I keep thinking “two gingertypes to many”. I like my gingertea to be sweet. Out of ten stars it’s a five star gingertea.” Read full tasting note
    Rijje 93 tasting notes

From Pukka

Tingle your taste buds with Three Ginger, a delicious infusion of ginger, galangal and golden turmeric. This combination of warming spices certainly has a kick to it! Three ginger is a wonderfully stimulating blend which will help settle digestion, warm circulation and make you feel positively uplifted.

Caffeine free

Certified organic by the Soil Association

Ingredients: Ginger root (51%), galangal root (28%), licorice root, turmeric root (4%), ginger essential oil flavor* (1%). (*contains non-organic lecithin)

About Pukka View company

Unfortunately this is the first note I’ve written on this tea, and I’m not really in the mood to actually review the tea, I am more posting this note as a tribute to the late Alan Rickman, my favorite actor, who sadly passed away today.

I’ll keep it short, but I have been a huge Harry Potter fan since about grade three. Read all the books multiple times, went to quite a few of the movies in theatres (I don’t think all of them) and have re-watched the movies countless times. And my favorite character in the movies is definitely Professor Snape. Probably mostly due to the fact that Alan Rickman did a STELLAR job portraying Snape, and I can’t even think of anyone else as Snape ever. And to this day, everytime I see the last movie at a certain part involving Alan Rickman (I won’t spoil, in case people actually haven’t seen all the movies) I break down crying my eyes out. Even after watching the movie so many times, I actually watched it over the Christmas break and broke down with my aunt and uncle there any everything lol.

And yes, Alan Rickman has done quite a few other movies, notably Die Hard and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. And he was also a great villain in those movies as well. He has an excellent voice too, unique and recognizable.

But he will always be Professor Snape to me. Always.

So here’s to you, Alan. Thank you for your wonderful contribution to the film industry and I am happy to have lived in a time where you were an actor. I will try to not be too sad today, but this is hitting me harder than I thought it would. I don’t have many favorite actors, and he was my favorite. Rest in peace.

Oh, and this tea is super gingery and spicy, I’ve drank multiple cups in the past but I will write a more detailed note later.

__Morgana__

So sad. He was incredibly gifted.

Uniquity

Someone on my facebook shared a quote from him that he would be 80 in a chair and reading Harry Potter, and his family would ask him “still?” and he would respond “always”. Snape isn’t his most memorable role for me but that he won’t get to do that at 80 nearly had me crying. Stupid hormones. I really enjoyed him in everything I saw, possibly starting with Metatron in Dogma.

MissLena

I saw that quote too, almost choked me up at work too, and every quote of his I read in his voice in my head as well. I haven’t actually seen Dogma but I feel the urge to watch all movies that he is in now. An amazing man with a true gift of getting into character. :(

Uniquity

There is always this to cheer us up. :)

MissLena

Hahaha @Uniquity thank you for posting that! I watched the first minute at work and will watch the rest later :) two of my favorite things in that video!

I have a hard time not buying tea when I’m in the grocery store, even if I know it’s going to sit on the shelf for months and months. I bought this one to aid digestion. There’s nothing terrible about it, but nothing great, either. Sometimes I add it to black tea when I’m mixing a chai. In essence – “meh.”

Just picked up this tea from my local health food shop. And I love it. It’s such a good pick me up tea from when your feeling a little bit tired or having that afternoon low.

Flavors: Ginger, Spicy

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I’m just getting into sampling herbal teas. I’m not typically a fan of ginger, but a friend had bought this and I tried it. Very pleasant aroma, very spicy but as an aftertaste and I wasn’t sure if it was “too bitey” for me, but the ginger harshness kind of mellows as you drink it. Thought I picked up some lemon flavor too. I would drink this again.

I left this to steep at least an hour, in the hopes it would make me feel better. Oh gosh, this is a great ginger tea. It’s very spicy, with several layers to the heat and flavors. Mind you, you’d have to love turmeric to love this as well – it’s almost more a turmeric tea than a ginger one at this point. Regardless, I love it – I think my new favorite ginger tea.

Flavors: Ginger

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
OMGsrsly

Ohh, feel better!

I had this tea last time I was backpacking. A perfect way to both start and end the day. I should really note that I’m a ginger lover. I love strong, hot ginger flavors. This fit the bill very nicely. Invigorating and relaxing at the same time.

Flavors: Ginger, Spicy

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

I was feeling a bit queasy—more of a headache than a stomach ailment—so this seemed like a great time to try another one of the Pukka functional blends: Three Ginger.

With 51% ginger root, it’s no surprise that this infusion is to my liking! There is a nice ginger bite, and the aftertaste is slightly sweet from the licorice root. Other interesting ingredients are galangal (familiar to me from Thai cuisine, and related to ginger) and turmeric.

All in all, a tasty and soothing golden brew!

Now: does anyone know why this is called “Three Ginger”? Perhaps they are counting galangal as a form of ginger, so with the ginger root and the ginger extract that would make three? Still wouldn’t explain why there is no plural, though!

(Blazing New Rating #5)

Flavors: Ginger

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

I ended up going for a walk to Whole Foods today and spending money on things I didn’t really need. Well, I did get food but I didn’t need more tea that’s for sure. ;-)

It’s strange that the Whole Foods near my work does not have any Pukka teas at all, but the one closer to my house has a smaller assortment of teas and a lot of the Pukkas. I’ve been wanting to try this for a while. It’s definitely gingery and intense. I’m sure I must have had galangal before in Thai food but I couldn’t really tell you how the flavor is different than ginger. There’s licorice in here too, the tea doesn’t really need it but it provides a bit of sweetness. Also this has a bit of turmeric in it, not enough to really make the tea yellow however. This is definitely a warming and spicy tea! I wish Pukka had a variety pack so I could try some of the individual offerings without having to buy an entire box.

I don’t love it, but I think it will be good to have this one around for my achy body which still feels like that of a 90 yr. old arthritic woman. I am healing a bit more every day!

Flavors: Licorice

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is my new go-to for colds and upset stomach, it totally works! It’s a little strong at first but I got used to it. It’s fantastic with fresh lemon too.

Everyone is saying this has LOTS of flavor, but it seems exceptionally weak to me. I like spicy ginger! Next time I’ll let it steep for lots, lots longer. Not unenjoyable…just not very gingery.