Osmanthus Puer Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

From Pure Puer Tea

From www.purepuer.com

About Pure Puer Tea View company

2076 tasting notes

Sob!. It happened. It finally happened! I have been hoping my two oldest kids would start drinking tea. Tonight my son made baked Brie in puff pastry and said, “Mom, maybe you better make some of that tea like we had last night. This is pretty rich and fatty.” I am so happy!

Last night we had Puer from Teavivre. Tonight I thought I would shake things up since it seems I am on a roll getting them to drink tea and I made this one just to expose him to more tea. Dare I hope that soon he will be asking for his own teapot and bag of tuochas to take to school?

Once upon a time, I thought Paris by Harney was the way to convert people to tea, but it didn’t work on my older kids. Of all things, puer was the key! Oldest daughter is drinking mostly green teas, but likes puer more. I shall have to get her some of her own as well!

Oh happy day! And what a great start to the New Year!

You are so lucky. I can’t get anyone to drink anything beyond Twinings with me. Puerh causes them to run away screaming.

Jim Marks

If you can find the pu-erh that aren’t too wooly, they are a great way to convert people to tea — especially coffee people. The big, round, mellow shu style pu-erh are, I think, far more “familiar” for people than a Chinese green or a Darjeeling or a Da Hong Pao.

Our mutual friend ashmanra is helping expand my pu-erh horizons, and tucked a lovely little packet into a card a few days ago.

If I didn’t know what it was, I certainly wouldn’t classify it as a pu-erh. Nice amber color, gentle base (none of that cave-y peat moss stuff) with an orangey finish. Loving it!

(Unrelated and probably not as funny to you as it was to me—-mentioned to my non-teaist teen that I’m drinking pu-erh and he quipped, “Pooh Bear tea? Wouldn’t that be anything with honey in it?” BadumpBUMP.)

LOL! That is a lot nicer than what my kids call it. They call it poo air, because they say it smells like when they used to clean the barn at horse camp!

Oh, and my son and his girlfriend didn’t like this one as much as Teavivre’s because it didn’t taste enough like puerh to them, too much like black tea! I really like it, though!

Is this a shu or sheng? Oh, and ashmanra, best I can tell from web searching poo air is problably actually correct – even though we all know they weren’t interested in being correct as much as they were in winding you. I say if the shu fits – drink it!

It is a shu! Would you like to try it, K S?

I saw a tv special recently and the Chinese people almost sounded like they were saying “poor” but drawing it out. It is hard to describe…My kids, however, are very clearly and distinctly saying POOOOOO AIR! LOL!

This came from ashmanra. THANKS I can’t find this on pure puerh’s website. I thought I would grab a picture – apparently not. This is interesting. Beyond the horse and saddle leather it has a pepper / ginger bite to it. Underneath that is some interesting floral notes. Another thing I noticed is that several minutes after sipping this I could still taste it and feel its cooling affect on my breath. Very nice!

Wow! You are right, they appear to be out of this one.

Here’s Hoping TTB (round 5)

Ripe with flowers? Well, I had to try this because the last two osmanthus teas I had made me feel sick. That made this a testing tea :P

While this was nice, I think that this plus many other pu’erh have made me decide that ripe pu’erh does not go well with flowers for my taste buds.

I’m happy to say that I didn’t feel sick after drinking this!

For the most part I think you are right… but the 2002 wild rose I had was actually pretty nice, but it was much more of a green type rose and leathery type shou. Osmanthus and ripe I don’t get though, tried a few brands.