Best Assam Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Purvi Discovery

Purvi Discovery is a tourism initiative with a difference. Based in Dibrugarh, Purvi Discovery has been working with single- minded dedication over a period of time to promote Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya and the adjoining states with their unspoilt beauty, to important tourist destinations.

Our parent company has been involved in the tea industry for five generations. This, and a staff that are drawn from the local tribal community gives us an unbeatable lead when introducing our guests to the enchanting Northeast.

About Purvi Discovery View company

3rd cup of this in 3 days. It’s old but still kickin’! Still a strong and bold Assam!

The name of this tea company cracks me up :)

LOL – I hear ya! :)
I chuckled too!

I received a sampling of this tea as a reviewer for the Tea Review Blog.

The dry leaf is very pebble-y – like grains of sand in size, and dark, chocolate-y brown in color. It possesses a vibrant aroma – with deep earthy notes and a baked bread smell and even a distant flowery note. It smells… well, like Assam tea!

The flavor is malty – perhaps one of the maltiest Assam teas that I’ve encountered, with a strong astringency that has a clean, drying effect on the mouth. I steeped it for just 3 minutes but I’m tasting no bitterness. It has a deep baked flavor and a chewy texture. This tea has got some tooth! There is a honey-caramel sweetness to it too. It’s really delicious.

An excellent way to wake up!

I’ve never tried anything from this company either!!

This is actually not so much a company as it is a vacation location! I don’t see anyplace where you can actually order the tea on the website!

Ahhhh! I see!