Coconut Baozhong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Queen Mary

Extraordinarily smooth, creamy and slightly fruity. The flavor of coconut and Baozhong compliment each other beautifully.

Ingredients:
Queen selected oolong tea and coconut flavor.
Contains caffeine.

About Queen Mary View company

Nicole, thank you for this one! This must be my favorite coconut tea! It’s a very sweet and creamy coconut. I was already wishing I was on a vacation today and the coconut here reminds me of suntan lotion. (Aw man, do I need some sun!) The first cup steeped for three minutes. The coconut is PERFECT with this oolong. Both are creamy, buttery, smooth. SO delicious. The second steep seemed like a peachier flavored oolong with less coconut. But then the third cup seemed to taste like the first cup again. The best steep is the first one, since it has the most coconut. I love this one.

tattooed_tea

yum! I love coconut, but find most teas fail to deliver.

I grabbed a pouch of this after my morning tea at the Queen Mary Tea room in Seattle. (I have also reviewed the tea room itself in Places) They blend some of their teas and some they buy blended already. I’m not sure which this is.

I like it. It seems to be a light oolong. Medium nuttiness with a decent coconut taste. Some might find it a bit fakey, but I actually find it mellow and fairly pleasant. A bit of sweetness in the background.

CupofTree

Oh exciting! Hope you’re enjoying your time in Seattle!

Nicole

I did, very much! Though we spent more time in Washington state than in Seattle proper… the husband seems to feel that if he hasn’t driven over 1000 miles it isn’t a vacation. :) I’ll have to go back by myself and spend time just in Seattle next time. I feel I missed some tea places…

CupofTree

When my boyfriend and I visited Washington, we were mostly on Mt. Rainier and our hotel was in Seattle but I didn’t get to see much of the city either. Thats ok though because we’re actually moving there soon!!! :D

Nicole

We were mostly in Olympic Park, but we went all over. I don’t think I could live in Seattle proper, but I love the smaller towns. Not sure I can do lots of snow so I wouldn’t want to get too far from the coast, but the area is just gorgeous! Congrats on the move, how exciting!!

And it isn’t tea, but definitely check out Chocolopolis in the Queen Anne district if you like quality chocolate and hot chocolate!

CupofTree

Oh wow the Olympic forest? I cannot WAIT to get there too. And thank you! I don’t believe it yet honestly.
And thanks for the tip, that chocolate place sounds good!

gmathis

I’ve enjoyed the travelogue! My husband wants me to ask about the concert. Enjoy?

Nicole

The concert was awesome. They were unchanged. Geddy took it easy on his voice for the first couple of older songs but then he cut loose on the new stuff. Alex was just on fire all night and Peart was his usual Jedi Master. :) 40 years and they still draw new fans – there were high school and college kids there. Amazing.

I suppose I am having my own little “Sipdown Saturday” today, in between furiously reading Anna Karenina! This tea came to me from Nicole (thank you!) and it smells heavenly. I love anything coconut flavored, and have had a few other coconut oolongs in the past that have been quite nice. This tea is very pretty in it’s dry form – nice, big olive green twisted leaves. The flavor is wonderful, nice and smooth and nutty, with a touch of natural sweetness also. It is not artificial-tasting like some coconut-flavored teas often are. This is my first experience with Queen Mary Tea, but I would certainly order from them after experiencing this tea. They have a very nice website, and their tea room looks so very cute. If I am ever in Seattle I will definitely be dropping by!

-Dry blend has large, twisted green leaves with a few twigs. Leaves unfurl during steeping to large, full-sized leaves that float to the top.
-Dry leaves smell of creamy coconut with a hint of sweetness.
-Tea liquor is a clear, pale yellow color.
-Smooth coconut flavor with a creamy mouthfeel. Lightly sweet finish.
-Best with a little sweetener.
-Very good tea. Sweetener brings out nutty flavors. Very light and satisfying.

Terri HarpLady

ooohhhh, I just visited their site! What a beautiful looking place, & some very tasty looking teas!

Josie Jade

I agree! Have you had the Coconut Oolong from The London Tea Room? This one reminds me of that!

Terri HarpLady

I have had the coconut oolong from LTR, & it is quite good!
Coincidentally, I was at the London Tea Room today! Tony & I went to breakfast downtown, & then we went to the LTR for tea. He had a pot of the Plum Berry White, & I had a pot of Irish Breakfast.

Josie Jade

Oh I’m jealous! I can’t wait for our next trip to St. Louis and the LTR! I’ve not tried the Plum Berry White or their Irish Breakfast, but I’m sure they’re quite good, as all of their teas seem to be!

wheeeee coconut! thanks for letting me try this nicole i’ll find a good coconut loving home for this one! lol (looking at kittenna)

Kittenna

I imagine I could drink this up, yes, haha :P I adore coconut oolongs. Indigobloom might like it too?

I put it in the small box I have going for the to of you to fight over lol

I was craving an oolong this evening but was not in the mood for a full fledged gongfu session, so I decided to try this. This is from Nicole’s super generous giveaway. The flavouring is quite nice. It’s a nice nutty slightly roasted coconut, that still tastes fresh and sweet. I can see what Nicole means when she said some might find it a little artificial as suspect that the buttery feeling of this pouching has less to do with the actual tea and more to do with the flavouring as it lacks much of the accompanying tingle I usually get from oolongs and the tea tastes thinner than the other pouchong I have at the moment. Despite all that, the tea is quite nice. It has a nutty sweet flavour that blend with a slightly nutty fruity base tea with a little touch of a floral accent quite nicely. So far I am on steep two and I suspect I’ll get one or two others out of this tea.

Thanks Nicole! I’ll enjoy the rest of this packet.

1.5 tablespoon for 375 ml

Overwhelmingly floral. Coconut flavour in background. Hints of nutty and roasted tones.

Thanks to Sil for sharing this with me!

A sample from Nicole (Thank you!)

Since I don’t have full use of my fancy timed teamaker anymore, I often forget to set a timer for my teas, as was the case with this cup! So, it could have been over, under, or perfectly steeped and I’ll never know.

When I first took a sip it was entirely too hot for me to even taste anything other than ow, but once it cooled down a bit, it was delightful! Very sweet and flowery with a hint of coconut in the background. I might not have noticed the coconut if it wasn’t in the name (behold, the power of suggestion!) but with it on my mind, I pulled it out. A hint of vegetal flavor in the background, but it’s reducing the more and more the tea cools.

I’d describe it as delightful, but not necessarily delicious. BUT since I’m a dessert tea whore, that could contribute to me being not as in love with teas that do not make me feel like I am gaining weight just drinking them ;)

(This was generously sent by Nicole quite awhile ago)

I’m trying to get through some of my older samples as I have quite a few thanks to swaps and traveling tea boxes. Also, I was working from home today which allowed me to use my variable kettle.

This is so tasty and manages to last for several steepings (I got 3 today). It’s almost syrupy, but in a good way. I didn’t manage a sipdown today and will probably get a few more cups out of the sample I received but definitely a good one if you like coconut and oolong!