Laoshan Black Tea Mellow Alpine Type

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This tea doesn't live up to the quality of the other Laoshan tea I have. It requires hotter temperatures and longer steeping times, but it does have one of the strongest honey notes I have had in...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 245 tasting notes

From Quindao Laoshan Ling Xuan Tea

Production date: May 19, 2013

Laois mountain tea which is characterized by a unique “honey flavor”, taste sweet and smooth, golden rich tea.

Several Aliexpress dealers listed as:
2013 spring black tea advanced drinks honey small package black tea

About Quindao Laoshan Ling Xuan Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea doesn’t live up to the quality of the other Laoshan tea I have. It requires hotter temperatures and longer steeping times, but it does have one of the strongest honey notes I have had in a black tea. The honey tastes like honey spread on bread, not a faint suggestion of dissolved honey water.

The tea itself has thick brown to golden brown curls. I brewed it at just under boiling and let it steep for 5 min. The resulting brew was a mid reddish brown.

When hot the first note is of hot rolled barley flakes, followed by cocoa and cherry, malt, and honey. As the tea cools the honey becomes more dominant the grain note fades a little bit, and spice notes of nutmeg and cinnamon occur.

A good tea, but not a favourite, I prefer my other Laoshan to this one. The strong cereal notes make it a unique addition to my cupboard.