2008 LaoTong Zi Timber Raw Pu-erh

Green Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Pureleaf

1 Tasting Note View all

• “ First review in...uh...well it says "about a year" on my last tasting note so I guess about a year. I will start by saying salutations to all of my adoring fans. Scratch that. I have no fans. I...” Read full tasting note
    tunes&tea 58 tasting notes

From R J Teahouse

“Timber” raw materials from the Lincang Sipai mountain of Mengku region 1900m -2500 meter of the minority areas, where high mountains, dense forests, misty every leaf throughout the year were Sipai from the Lincang mountain, Picked from the 250-800 years old of ancient tea tree, has the bright tea liquid, full aroma, sweet fast. Resistant to brew and so is the collection of the best tasting.

Vintage:
2008
Origin:
Yunnan Province, China.
Process:
Raw Tea

About R J Teahouse View company

1 Tasting Note

First review in…uh…well it says “about a year” on my last tasting note so I guess about a year. I will start by saying salutations to all of my adoring fans. Scratch that. I have no fans. I copped this sample from my old pal Pureleaf and boy am I glad.

I’ve been drinking on this all day but I elected to start some fresh leaves to write this note (twist my arm already).I prepared this in a 120ml gaiwan. I rinsed the leaves, allowed them to cool and ‘rest’, and then steeped for roughly 10 seconds. Initial liquor was a light yellow with a hint of orange. At first sip I was met with a pleasant mix of light smokiness with an appropriate sweetness to accompany it. There was a slight drying effect, though not too much. I didn’t really encounter any bitterness so all in all the astringency factor was low and left a crispness in my mouth.
The after taste is worthy of boasting. I love it when a sheng leaves it’s mark on my palate as this one did. I was especially intrigued by how much this tea was present in the nasal portion of my palate as well. Though I don’t actually do it, I bet this would even be good iced. A great aged sheng in my most humble of opinions. Thank you all of my adoring fa…we covered that already didn’t we?

mrmopar

Welcome back! We have missed you. You should join our puerh of the day discussion. We are all “learning” with it. Your notes would be great there.

tunes&tea

Hey buddy, thanks for the kind words. I really need to spend a quick minute here and there and at least get a few lines in.

gmathis

Good to see you back!

TheTeaFairy

Hey, you’ve got another fan here, miss your tunes and teas :-)