Phoenix Eye Jasmine

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mgregoryw

From Red Blossom Tea Company

Our mid-range Jasmine scented white tea. Large white tea buds gathered from the tea gardens of Fujian, then rolled into the shape of Phoenix Eyes. The teas are then finished in the same manner as our Organic and Supreme Dragon Pearl Jasmine teas: stored until summer, then scented over the course of several evenings with summer Jasmine blossoms.

The larger leaf buds steeps a tea that is rich and creamy – reminiscent of jasmine scented buttercream frosting, albeit a lot lower in calories.

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

Another nice jasmine scented tea from Red Blossom. I bought this and their Supreme as I ran out of their Organic and it’s now out of stock.

This is a very jasminey tea. Round mouth feel, jasmine finish in the back of the nose that lingers.

I’m not getting any of the “buttercream” taste to it. But maybe I will after it cools a bit, we’ll see. For now it’s just a nice, strong, jasmine white.

I’ve served this tea to a lot of people by now and everybody asks for it again. The flavor changes quite a bit with temperature and time so you need to find your own sweet spot. I like it a bit stronger so I use a longer time then Red Blossom recommends.

For 4/22: Prepped in a Ceramic Infuser Cup. Ahhh, love the smell jasmine!!