Three Cultivar Red Tea

Brown Sugar, Cream, Dried Fruit, Honey, Orange, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by Charles Thomas Draper

From Red Blossom Tea Company

A black tea crafted from two Wuyi cultivars married to a green tea cultivar. One of the most unique black teas we’ve tasted. With the brightness of green apple and the sweetness of cantalope.

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

First tea of the morning. I still don’t love it, but it’s good with the maple-y flavor of the yacon syrup.

My early evening tea: If you can remember I forgot about this one the other day and I steeped it for a half-hour and it was still nice. Tonight I paid attention. Lovely fragrance and a soft delicious liquor. I am tasting honey and caramel. I never time anything so I am assuming it was around 4 minutes. I used the remainder of the sample bag which probably a bit over a teaspoon. This is not your typical black tea. I am actually getting very relaxed. Not a bad thing after this mornings Sheng. This is something I would definitely buy….

TeaBrat

Interesting – I was curious about this one!

For a key to my rating scale, check out my bio.

Before trying this tea, I was never a huge fan of black teas, but Red Blossom Tea Company’s “Three Cultivar Red – 三品紅” has made me reconsider. The tea is unusual for a black tea, in that it is crafted with cultivars used normally for Wuyi oolong teas (also called Wuyi Rock Tea). This means that while “Three Cultivar Red” possesses all the trademark flavors of a black tea, it is more layered and nuanced like an oolong.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cream, Dried Fruit, Honey, Orange, Smoke