Organic Bai Mu Dan (Silver Peony)

White Tea
White Tea Leaves
Almond, Apricot, Dried Fruit, Nuts, Wood
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

1 Tasting Note View all

• “More new stuff from Red Blossom! I’ll be honest, I don’t drink white teas very often, and thusly don’t know much about them. I prefer the bigger, more robust Oolongs, Pu-erhs and...” Read full tasting note
    erik-dabel 142 tasting notes

From Red Blossom Tea Company

From Red Blossom Tea Company’s website:

Organic Bai Mu Dan ⋅ 白牡丹

Our Organic Bai Mu Dan comes from Fuding County, Fujian Province. Its two leaf and a bud combination comes from the Da Bai tea tree, picked in mid-April after the individual tea buds that make up Silver Needle have been gathered.

Once picked, the leaves undergo a gradual “fade”, during which time, the leaves are slightly enzymatically oxidized before they are given a final low temperature bake. This classic white tea crafting method enhances the sweetness and mouth feel of this tea, while preserving the natural character of the tea leaves.

Organic Bai Mu Dan brews a light golden infusion with a hint of sweetness reminiscent of dried apricot and almonds.

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

More new stuff from Red Blossom!

I’ll be honest, I don’t drink white teas very often, and thusly don’t know much about them. I prefer the bigger, more robust Oolongs, Pu-erhs and black teas.

But I do like to change things up now and then, and I always like to try new things. So, here is Red Blossom’s Organic Bai Mu Dan.

I used about 3 tablespoons in 32 ounces of 180 degree water for 1:30, after rising, of course. Just what the directions on Red Blossom’s website said.

The color is a nice, clear, crisp, darkish golden yellow, a bit darker than straw colored. A little darker than I thought it would be.

The aroma is nice and woodsy, with hints of dried fruit and nuts. The taste has all of those features, in a beautifully well balanced delivery. It has a super light, crisp and clean mouth feel, leading and adding to the light dried fruit taste on top of the woodsy white tea base.

This is a great, super simple, very well balanced, uber drinkable white tea. Good stuff!

-E