Organic White Monkey

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Micah

• “Absolutely wonderful. That is what I have to say about this tea. The leaves are beautiful. Long and twisted, downy in spots. They brew a very pale tea with a heavier scent than its taste. It...” Read full tasting note
    micahk 45 tasting notes

From Red Blossom Tea Company

Gathered mid-March from the Wuyi Mountains of Northern Fujian. The tea is so named because the hand gathered silver tipped bud and leaves are lightly steamed, then shaped by hand to resemble a monkey’s paw.

Mild, subtly sweet and lightly buttery. Ecocert certified organic.

Water Temperature: 175°, or when very small bubbles appear on the water’s edge.

Brewing Instructions: Use 1 tablespoon (double for a medium sized pot). Rinse tea for 1 second. Discard rinse water. Steep for 1 minute. May be infused multiple times.

About Red Blossom Tea Company View company

Absolutely wonderful.

That is what I have to say about this tea.

The leaves are beautiful. Long and twisted, downy in spots. They brew a very pale tea with a heavier scent than its taste. It smells almost like sweetgrass. The flavor develops beautifully as the tea cools. It starts out like a very light pi lo chun. I don’t really know how to describe that flavor but its definitely akin to that class of teas. It tastes like a light chinese green, I guess. I don’t pick up on many other notes until it starts to cool and then it comes alive. This tea doesn’t relax me like a pi lo chun does. Instead, it refreshes. The flavor is delicate but lively. It has a faint grassy note but not like japanese teas. It’s more like sweetgrass. This tea is just so revitalizing. I couldn’t stop smiling while I drank it.

takgoti

Smiling tea ftw, for sure. We all need at least one smiling tea in our lives.

Angrboda

Smiling tea, that sounds like you’ve stumbled across a celebration tea. :)