Organic Shou Mei

White Tea
Earth, Nutty, Wood, Nuts
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

• “I gave it another go at creating a sun tea using these leaves. Here ya go: I used 2 tea balls, one that held, 1/2 full, about 3 tablespoons, the other 1/2 full held 2 tablespoon, into my 2.5...” Read full tasting note
    Erik 70 tasting notes

From Red Blossom

Our Organic Shou Mei is a summer harvest white from Fuding County. Due to it’s mellow, familiar profile, this variety has become the most popular everyday white tea in south east China.

Shou Mei brews a light white infusion, with a smooth light body and mellow notes of nut, earth, and wood.

About Red Blossom View company

I gave it another go at creating a sun tea using these leaves. Here ya go:

I used 2 tea balls, one that held, 1/2 full, about 3 tablespoons, the other 1/2 full held 2 tablespoon, into my 2.5 quart jug, and left it sitting in full sunlight for about 8-10 hours.

That ratio seemed to work pretty well. I got a nice, dark colored tea, with all the flavor I can expect from this tea brewed the traditional way with hot water. The fresh Earthy, nutty, woodsy aroma and flavor were all there, present and accounted for.

I prefer the longer brewing time to really pull all the flavor out, and I don’t mind a bit of bitterness getting into the mix. Shortening the steeping-in-the-sun time down to 4-6 hours might lighten up the flavor a bit, maybe I’ll try that next time.

Long story short, this basic white tea makes one hell of a great sun tea!

15 tsp 80 OZ / 2365 ML