Double-Smoked Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Geoffrey Norman

1 Tasting Note View all

From Red Leaf Tea

Red Leaf Tea eagerly scours the world for new flavors and herbal blends, and Twice-Smoked Tea certainly is one of the most exotic styles we have ever encountered! Twice Smoked Tea begins as a black tea, a type that is the best at absorbing flavors with a salty base. The leaves are allowed to smoke in confined rooms, with various hardwoods below them. After airing out in the sun, the tea undergoes another smoking and becomes thoroughly infused with smokehouse flavor. The blend of the strong rosy black tea with the pungent smokehouse effect is quite spectacular, and this tea is able to stand out when matched with a strong entrée like turkey, beefsteak, or other heavily sauced meats. Try some with a big holiday or festival dinner, and enjoy the tart flavor and palette-cleansing effect it provides! Order Twice-Smoked Tea soon, for a true gourmet’s delight!

About Red Leaf Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

While they don’t say on the Red Leaf site whether or not this is a Lapsang Souchong, it certainly smells like one. It smells like campfire. I like that smell…and I hate camping. The taste was much smoother than the average Lapsang. Instead of instantly tasting “burning”, it went down smooth. It betrayed a malty/floral note along with the smoky attributes.

The second best smoked tea I’ve ever tried.

Full Review:

Yup, going on the shopping list!

Geoffrey Norman

Ha, I knew this would be up your alley. :-)

Now I’m craving LS and will have to make some when I get home, and will be up half the night. Thanks, man. :-P

Geoffrey Norman

You’re quite welcome. (evil grin)

Trade a smidge of this for some Chocolate Bacon?

Geoffrey Norman

Make it a Golden Yunnan Whiskey Sour, and you’ve got yourself a deal. :-)

Instead of or along with? Either way, I think it could be arranged.

Geoffrey Norman

I meant “instead of”, but if you throw in both, I’ll add something else of your choice. Keen?

I hope they take your camping remark and run with it in terms of marketing. It is like camping without being cold and bathroom-less! Sounds interesting, I am thinking I will have to give a smoked tea a try.

Geoffrey Norman

If you’ve had a Lapsang Souchong before, it’s kinda like that. I’m still not convinced it isn’t. ;-)