Passion Fruit Wulong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Red Leaf Tea

Wulong tea has become quite popular in recent years, owing mostly to its reputed weight reducing properties. In any case, Wulong offers a brisk, strong flavor and vibrant aftertaste that will make it a delicious choice even if you are not trying to lose weight. This particular blend has added fruity touches courtesy of the passion fruit and other assorted real fruit pieces for a tea that is exceptional in flavor and aroma.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

Thank you DHart1214 for this big tea sample!

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about Steepster and who was missing. I’ve been on this site for almost 9 months developing friendships with so many amazing, wonderful people that I truly care about. However, something happened between June and now.
Some people have disappeared!
I miss Jason, Ian and ScotTeaMan who drifted away over the Summer.
(You have your own lists of who’s gone missing too)

I was thinking of Steepster as a Cruise Ship full of Staterooms and fancy places to gather and talk about tea.
The Internet Cafe for Reviews, Clubs, Bars (with tea of course) and PM corners for getting to know each other.
Every day we stop and pick up more Passengers.
We’ve even had a few storms. (Remember the upgrade when Steepster was DOWN most of a week!)

Now and then, someone gets off the ship.
Obligations, school or jobs may have required more time. ADIOS!
Still, I miss them. I hope that at some future Port they will get on the ship again because each person is unique.

I’m hopeful that nobody ever feels lonely or left out.
There are several cruise directors who can help guide the new people and a couple of bartenders. (watch out for the ones with the lampshades on their heads though)

If you’re new, find me on the Lido Deck at the Puerh Bar late at night, nursing a multiple steeping and talking to whomever will listen…telling stories. I’ll be glad to help.

Please stay! I care for you all!

Ah Yes The Tea Review
When I lived briefly in Puerto Rico, there was tropical fruit I had never seen before such as Guanabana, Blood Fruit, and Mango’s in various shapes and flavors (such as Pineapple Mango and Apple Mango). But, I loved fresh, ice cold Passion Fruit juice! It was by far my favorite.

When this tea arrived from DHart1214 I said, “Really?” Thinking about how Passion Fruit Wulong would taste.

I followed the steeping instructions for Oolong.
The leaves were very dark green and the liquor champagne yellow.
The scent of the leaves was a bit odd because of the vegital and fruit clashing but the aroma of the liquor was very fruity and sweet with no vegital smell.

The first tasting was mild fruit, lightly sweet and smooth.
I added a little sweetening which improved the Passion Fruit flavor.
The mouth-feel was light and never transitioned to butter, bitter, or astringency.

The second and third steeping’s were still faintly sweet and mild with a more sour fruit taste which would be more like real Passion Fruit. Adding sweetening is something I suggest. The mouth-feel was still light but a little dry.

I read that this is good when iced.

Overall, a very mild and gentle cup of tea.

momo

Bonnie, you are the best. I can’t even say anymore than that, the cruise ship comparison made my day :)

momo

LOL I will send you a message and explain.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

this was just the right thing for me to read right now.. ♥ ty..

the universe does find ways to always meet our needs..

What a gentle, delicate, dainty tea!
How perfect that I decided to use my gorgeous pink with golden swirl teacups!
I feel dainty drinking this sweet, juicy, fruity tea!
The Wulong aroma is present but it may have needed more steep time to give you that wulong punch I am used to.
This is so subtle yet enticing with its flavoring.
I could see this being the perfect tea for a young girls tea party, to introduce new tea drinkers to finer teas, etc.
Brewed double strength I can absolutely see how this would be a wonderful iced tea as well as suggested by TeaEqualsBliss in her review.
Yes, I do like this one quite a bit. I tend to learn toward stronger flavors personally but this tea has really hit its mark with a soft warm gentle glow.
Yumminess!

This sample comes to me thanks to Azzrian! I love passion fruit and I love green oolongs, so I am excited to try this one. That said, it does have a lot to live up to… one of my favorite teas is the sublimely flavored passion fruit scented oolong from Naivetea (yet of another of my favorite teas that don’t currently reside in my cupboard).

This is quite different from the Naivetea oolong, but still very tasty. For one thing, although this is a green oolong base it is clearly not a high mountain oolong… it brews up fairly dark, with underlying nutty and slightly roasty notes, more like a traditional tieguanyin. The passion fruit flavor is nice and authentic, present but not overpowering. Overall a very nice tea and I’m glad I got to try it.

This is REALLY fantastic! I had one cup hot and another cold and both are lovely, fruity, and memorable! Passionfruit Oolong/Wulong! Very nice! YUM!

Okay, back to oolongs finally. Passion fruit is my absolute favorite (and needless to say, I don’t find them much in Indiana), so I bought this on a whim when I was grabbing some matcha samples. It doesn’t smell exactly like passion fruit, but it definitely is fruity. The passion fruit flavor is there, but it’s much more subtle than I was hoping for. It is a very nice tea, though. The oolong is smooth and sweet and the fruit notes aren’t too tart. I may try cold-brewing to see if that changes my opinion of it, but right now it’s just “fine” and not much more than that.

Y’know, it just occurred to me on this gentle, sunny Sunday morning that I don’t think I’ve ever actually had passion fruit on its own (aka not as a flavoring). Anyway, I’m getting what I think of when I think of passion fruit in this tea. I’m also getting a plant taste? It’s kind of odd. I’m not sure if it’s coming from the oolong or the passion fruit, but it’s making me scratch my head a bit. There’s also some astringency drying out the back of my throat. A very perplexing, but enjoyable cuppa this morning. Thanks to bluebelle for the sample!