Puerh Earl Grey

Pu-erh Tea
Bergamot, Mushrooms, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Red Leaf Tea

Aged Pu Erh tea has some similarities to green tea but yet still has a taste all its own for tea lovers to enjoy. This aged tea is combined with bergamot oil to create a new take on the traditional Earl Grey tea. Pu Erh Earl Grey uses only the finest aged Chinese tea along with bergamot and a touch of peony to balance out the flavor. The result is a strong cup of tea with amazing citrus tones and a hint of floral accent. Pu Erh tea has a distinct strong flavor that tea lovers will recognize instantly and the Earl Grey blend is one that will take this aged tea and make it a favorite of everyone.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

Wow! I am really surprised by this Pu-erh. I was very hesitant to try it, I was worried that Pu-erh was going to ruin my beloved bergamot. But they balance each other out very well. The Pu-erh is strong and earthy, and the bergamot is equally as strong, and the bright, citrus-y notes really shine through.

I can’t say that this is my favorite Earl Grey, but it is definitely one of my favorite Pu-erh teas.

PS: Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this!

This is REALLY flavored and scented and since it was Pu Erh I figured I would start with the infusion time of about a minute…it was pretty impressive for my first attempt…usually I have to tinker with it for a few…but this worked nicely.

I wasn’t sure about the aroma but I could really smell a lot of that stereotypical Puerh smell but the EG Aroma helped cover a good amount of it.

The taste was intense and very EG flavored. I could still pick up on the Puerh but the EG Flavors really popped and really helped make the tea more drinkable and enjoyable.

If you are looking for different types of Earl Grey to try…this one is different but also very EG flavored.

This is an expected combination Earl Grey. The Puerh adds a depth of smoky mushroom element to the body and tail notes. I was surprised to find that this combination really goes well together. There was not a point where the two strong flavors were fighting each other. Too bad this tea has been discontinued, even if I would not have bought this tea again, it was nice to know that offbeat blends like this existed.

Flavors: Bergamot, Mushrooms, Orange Zest