Raspberry Truffle Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mpierce87
155 °F / 68 °C 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This matcha + belgian chocolate matcha = a less artificial tasting even chocolatier wonderful matcha smoothie :) it's a good morning even if it is T MINUE 2!!!! BLAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!1” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5054 tasting notes
  • “Gotta say, *Sil* is very generous with her matcha samples. I think I've had a few cups of this by now, and I could probably make 2 more! It's so great. Hot or cold. :) Maybe slightly better...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Meh. I've decided, this one is just a little too fake like for me. Not bad, but certainly not great or true to a truffle. That's ok, I have plenty of other matchas to love and I can easily use...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1314 tasting notes
  • “I have to go to my annual doctor check up this morning and I do not want to. It's too cold. I want to stay in bed and drink hot tea. It is seriously 16 degrees colder here than Montreal, like this...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

Raspberry Truffle Matcha is the perfectly designed treat that literally melts in the mouth with its mix of sweetness and Matcha undertones. This treat can make the perfect in-between meals treat that is perfect for enticing the taste buds to want much more. It can also make the perfect desert when people want to sample the different alternatives that are available for the palate to partake. For children, this exceptional treat can be one of many favorite offerings on their special occasions.

Raspberry Truffle Matcha is not for the faint hearted because of its deep rich taste sensation on the palate. It is a good alternative for other normal sweet choices such as chocolate or other candies. It also forms a great accompaniment to many foods and drinks with its sweetly inviting appeal and unforgettable flavor. This is a good treat for making a lifeless day unforgettable with its hints of pure pleasure and understated appeal.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

As I was considering which flavored matcha I would try next from Red Leaf Tea, I was stumped. There are so many amazing flavors! However, this Raspberry Truffle matcha caught my eye fairly quickly and I knew that I had to give it a try. I am a sucker for all things chocolate, particularly super rich truffles of all flavors. I had very high expectations for this matcha and I have to say that it more than exceeded my expectations! You can find out more about this matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/raspberry-truffle-matcha.html.

Once again, I was very pleased by the intense aroma as I opened the package. I could have sworn that somebody just opened a very expensive box of raspberry truffles somewhere in my kitchen. The matcha was a very bright green color despite being flavored. I first tried this traditionally as a hot bowl of matcha in my chawan. Initially, the slight bitterness of the matcha hits your palate, but it is followed by an intense and slightly sweet raspberry flavor with the chocolate aspect occurring more in the aftertaste. I love how the aftertaste lingers several minutes after your last sip and I also appreciate that the matcha was very easy to whisk with no noticeable clumps. While this is a super awesome way to drink this matcha, I just had to try it as a cold latte since it is so unbelievably hot here in Texas.

For the cold latte I added a healthy scoop of this Raspberry Truffle matcha and milk into a blender bottle and shook it all up. Once again the matcha blended beautifully without any clump which is something I’ve noticed in other matchas when preparing them with a cold liquid. Although I didn’t add any sweetener, the matcha seems a little sweeter now, but not by any means overly so. I also think that the flavor profile is a bit more balanced at this temperature. The bitter edge of the matcha is almost non-existent and the raspberry and chocolate flavors are more unified as a raspberry truffle would be. It is quite refreshing on this hot day and I was impressed that it didn’t settle out even after being left on the counter for 10+ minutes.

Overall, this is another big success from Red Leaf Tea! Not only is the tea quite tasty, their customer service is amazing. My order arrived within 2 business days! If you haven’t tried anything from this company, you are missing out!

This tea was gifted to me by my daughter. She was unsure if I would even drink a “green” drink. She left this with me with the instructions of how to mix with hot water and top off with milk. I felt assured that I could manage these directions. My first attempt at whipping up this matcha left me wondering, “What part of her instructions did I forget?” The taste was not as creamy as I remembered. As I was finishing off the last of my cup, I remembered that I had failed to add the half packet of raw sugar. Ah, the missing ingredient needed to really bring out the full raspberry freshness. I shared my mishap with her and she could not believe that I had actually drunk it without any sweetener added! I have pondered over her comment many times since that day. I drank it, I liked it. The quality of the matchas from Red Leaf Teas is top notch. This Raspberry Truffle matcha reminds me of a summer day picking ripe berries from the vine. Read more about this matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/raspberry-truffle-matcha.html
The chocolate and matcha provide a rich backdrop to the ripe raspberries. I have been drinking tea for four years now. My tea drinking routine has greatly changed since I discovered Red Leaf Tea matchas. I went from drinking primarily black Ceylon teas to an almost exclusive daily matcha habit. Thank you Red Leaf Teas for opening the matcha door!

I finally got my first order from Red Leaf Tea last week! I have been able to try all of them now, but I am going to start by logging the one that I had as a latte this morning.

I have been drinking matcha with half almond milk/half water. I got this one as basic grade/robust flavour. The raspberry is tart and the chocolate is sweet, but this is probably my least favorite of the four I ordered. I wish the flavours came out more, I found they got lost in how I prepared it.

175 °F / 79 °C

This is just okay. Got it at Robust level flavoring, and while it’s definitely raspberry, it’s chemical-tasting and smelling. There’s a depth to it that I assume is chocolate, however it’s just not enough for me to say… truffle.

Iced
Stephanie

Good to know…thanks for the review!

Having as a cold latte today. Two chasaku scoops dissolved in 175F water, added 8oz of cold light soy milk and shook it like a madwoman.

I’m unsure about this kind of preparation. The matcha taste is dimmed down by the coldness of the milk, but the raspberry is almost amplified. Interesting.

I actually received a sample of this from both KittyLovesTea and adagio breeze. Thanks ladies!

This one smelled really good, very much like raspberry truffle. I added 1 tsp to my 12-16 oz DAVIDsTEA to go mug and topped it off with milk. The first few sips were great! It tasted like raspberry truffle. It brought back good memories of their mint chocolate matcha I loved so much. The flavour level was distinctive, but it was just too much so that it became nauseating after the first few sips. The chocolate was detectable but just barely so. The raspberry flavour turned into more of a licorice, floral, perfumey flavour.

I was thinking it might be better if I cut it with plain matcha, so I will try that, but my hopes aren’t high because I don’t think the flavour will change, it will just be lighter. I am soooo glad I was able to try this as it was at the top of my list and I would not want to purchase a whole bag of this now.

Sadly, out of the 4 Red Leaf matchas I’ve tried, I’ve only liked the mint chocolate matcha. The others were always good the first few sips, but the flavours were just so strong and artificial that I become sick of them very quiclly. I have a sample of caramel matcha sitting in my fridge, that will be next. I really want to find another one that I like because I loved the chocolate mint and would like to make an order.