Cheesecake Matcha

Matcha Tea
Butter, Cream, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by hamfam

• “Mmmm morning latte again because of the horrible weather. I seriously have zero desire to go to work today especially since its been late work nights the past couple. While this is pretty tasty,...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “I just gave my mom some of this mixed with milk, and she's like, did you come up with this yourself? Hahaha. I will probably make it again for her with a bit more matcha in it since this was the...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes
  • “Okay this is my first review of the awesome cheesecake matcha. So first things first you can buy it at http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/cheesecake-matcha.html and I highly recommend that you...” Read full tasting note
    Aedon2 587 tasting notes
  • “Oh... YUM! I've had this twice today, actually. The first I served traditional style, in a bowl, whisked with water until frothy. It was good like that. But for the serious YUM factor, you've...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4424 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

When the much loved cheesecake is combined with exotic Matcha, the resulting Cheesecake Matcha is unforgettable and very delicious. With its creamy and buttery undertones and a hint of Matcha spiciness, a Cheesecake Matcha treat can easily take its place among the everyday favorite snack choices. This versatile treat adapts to the palate and can sometimes taste salty or creamy or sour depending on who is enjoying it. This varied taste makes this delectable treat truly exceptional and very favored among those who prefer non sweet snacks in their refreshment alternatives.

Cheesecake Matcha is an acquired taste that can be developed over time and combined with many other food items to make the experience very enriching on the palate. This delightful snack is perfect for senior citizens looking to expand their daily snack alternatives with low sugar choices. It is an excellent choice in any social setting where different cheese platers are on offer because, its unique taste is unmatched. Its pungent and lingering taste can be sampled by adventurous people who want to partake of the offerings in the world of truly delicious cheeses. This is because, Cheesecake Matcha can easily stand in a class of its own in terms of deliciousness and mouth watering appeal.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

My Red Leaf Tea order came in the mail yesterday! I did a happy dance through the hallways back to my apartment (and got a few strange looks on the way). First order of business : try my matcha!

I went with the destinctive flavor on this one because I am a HUGE cheesecake fan and I’m also a matcha newbie, so I thought destinctive would be a good choice. I also included a bamboo whisk and scoop in my order and boy am I glad I did! The whisk I recieved is so neat! It even comes with a little case that I can store it in without worrying about the bamboo getting all messed up and I know it will keep it’s shape better. I have to say, if you are preparing your matcha without a bamboo whisk you are really missing out! Using the whisk really did change my results. Instead of my matcha being grainey, it’s now all blended very well and thick. When I prepared matcha with my metal kitchen whisk it was never thick like this and the matcha always ended up settling a bit at the bottom of my cup.

If you don’t have a whisk you should include one in your order next time! It is well worth the investment and very affordable through Red Leaf.

For my first cup I made my matcha the traditional way. Sift matcha, add water, whisk until frothy, add a bit more water and enjoy. Mmm I’m getting such a different result with this matcha than with the tiramisu I’d had previously. I think that’s due to the flavoring difference (destinctive instead of delicate) and the fact that I have the proper tools now. It’s thick and the green tea base is much less sharp than I previously remember. It’s there, but it’s more enjoyable this time. The cheesecake flavor is very smooth.

Immediately I knew I had to make another cup as a latte. This really allowed the creamy cheesecake flavor to come through. Toward the end of the cup I was really able to taste the buttery crust. I made a latte for my boyfriend and he really enjoyed his too! Success.

Get your cheesecake matcha here:

And don’t forget to pick up a bamboo whisk while you’re at it! You won’t regret it.

Jackie T sent me a bunch of matchas to try, and so far, I think this one might be my favorite. I had it yesterday at work, I took it in a mason jar. Yum.

This one, I would consider ordering. Thanks for sharing, Jackie! I can’t wait to try more.

Courtney

I will be ordering more of this once I get through mine. So delicious!

Got my sample in the mail today and had a mug of this earlier. Just made it as a hot latte following the parameters recommended.

It’s really good.
I’m going to have to start reviewing in depth so I can get a discount in order to fund more matcha that I otherwise can’t really afford right now. Unless babies can drink matcha? Haha. I KID, obviously.

Dustin

Rooibos is said to help with diaper rash, so if you get the red base then yeah, babies can drink matcha!

Haha no way! Weird fact!

It has been far too long since I’ve had some matcha so I decided that tonight would be as good as any to remedy that situation. This cheesecake matcha is seriously smooth and has a very strong aroma that makes me want to double check and make sure there isn’t any actual cheesecake somewhere in my kitchen. I’ve had this matcha several times now and each time this flavor is spot on to a real, creamy cheesecake. You can find out more about this matcha here (and pick up some for yourself!): http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/cheesecake-matcha.html.

Initially, I tried this matcha traditionally in my chawan and it was creamy and rich. I was pleasantly surprised that the color was a vibrant green instead of being muddled by the flavoring. Even though the cheesecake flavor is front and center, it is tempered nicely with a smooth, fresh matcha aftertaste that prevents the flavor from being cloying. The matcha also whisked up quite well with no noticeable clumps and I didn’t even sift it!

After the initial success with this matcha, I couldn’t wait to try it as a hot cheesecake latte. Although the thought of hot liquid cheesecake is not necessarily my idea of a great treat, I was confident that the quality of Red Leaf Tea’s product would not let me down. With a bit of sugar and the addition of warm milk, this latte was so great! I downed it in no time flat and had to make another immediately.

Tonight, I’m having this as a cold iced matcha with a teensy bit of sugar and enough milk to complete the cup. The flavor seems to really pop when prepared this way and I’m certainly wondering how I made it for so many days without drinking this or any other of the great flavors from Red Leaf Tea. A couple of weeks ago I made a delicious matcha cake and I think it would be amazing with this cheesecake flavor as the base! Now to figure out what the next flavor I’ll try will be…

Just received this in the mail as I ordered some for my BF’s Christmas gift. Review will follow after Christmas since I can’t open it until then :( So excited to try it though!!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Just excited you got it and can’t to hear about it.

The Cup of Life - Lu Ann

Thanks, me too!! This waiting process is horrible :P

MMM cheesecake :D it’s my absolute favorite dessert. So when I saw that there was a cheesecake flavored matcha I pretty much ordered it right then and there. When I opened the package the smell was so creamy and delicious smelling. Here is a link:

It actually tastes like I’m eating cheesecake with matcha in it. The first few sips I took were a bit sour then as it started to cool down I got a more creamy, sweet cheesecake flavor. I’m getting a bit of the sourness in the aftertaste but hey, it’s still amazing.
So, usually I hate adding milk or sweetener to my teas but I decided I’d try adding some almond milk to the last little bit I had in my bowl. It was ok. It added a bit to the creaminess but then just added a weird almond flavor too. I think what would really make this one extra delicious would be to add some sweetened vanilla almond milk. Oo that sounds good!
I honestly don’t think I’d go for the ‘distinctive’ flavor because this one already has so much! And it mixes well with the bittersweet matcha flavor. It just tastes like a big slice of green cheesecake :D
SO I suggest you hop on over to Redleaftea.com and buy yourself some cheesecake matcha. Here is the link my friends:

175 °F / 79 °C

Just had this one as matcha milk. I think I may be outgrowing this matcha, for the time being at least. Not that there’s anything wrong with this one at all, just I’m much more enamoured with the new flavours I’ve been exploring.

Now onto my fresh cup of Jardin Bleu! And more studying.

whatshesaid

Which new flavours do you prefer., just curious :)

Courtney

Banana & Cream is awesome! And French Butter Cookie surprised me.

Courtney

And I just tried French Vanilla, which was lovely.

whatshesaid

I’ve got some French vanilla but never tried the other two. Will have to add them to my future buy list! :) actually I think the butter cookie was already on that list, hehe. You’re just confirming my suspicions!

Courtney

The Caramel Popcorn has also been getting lots of love. I may be brave with my next order and add that one in.

whatshesaid

Really? Yeah I don’t know if i would be brave enough to want to drink anything popcorn tasting!

Courtney

I didn’t think so either. I’m not a huge popcorn fan, but I must say I trust VariaTEA’s matcha wisdom. I took her word alone on French Butter Cookie. I’m getting more adventurous with matcha now that I’ve found a way to drink it I enjoy. :)

Roswell Strange

I’m really loving the Watermelon, right now…

Courtney

Aw the Watermelon didn’t work for me. :( But none of the fruity ones have so far. However it has awesome ratings, so I may be the only one.

How do you drink it?

I feel like the fruity ones may not be for me, though admittedly I’ve never tried them. But I’m not a huge fan of fruity teas, so I am playing it safe and sticking with the desserty ones

Courtney

I agree with you there. I’m partial to some fruits in teas, but most just don’t seem to work all that well. I make ‘matcha milk’ now aka a cold latte. I’m sure there’s no difference to drinking it immediately, but I fill up a mason jar with milk, add my 1/2-1 tsp of matcha and let it sit in the fridge for a bit. I was struggling before I tried this method because I don’t like straight matcha, or hot matcha. Bit of a long response haha.

Roswell Strange

I either do the matcha/milk thing (but right away – not delayed like Courtney) or, typically for fruit flavours, I make Matcha Soda by mixing the matcha in with club soda and sweetening it.

whatshesaid

Does that method dissolve the matcha powder? Sounds intriguing!

Matcha soda might work for fruity ones, neat!
Again same question though…I’d be worried about the green silt at the bottom of my cup, ew

Courtney

Yeah I shake mine periodically in it’s time in the fridge to dissolve it more. It’s definitely a lazy way to make it. I have considered dissolving the matcha in a wee bit of hot water before adding it to the milk, but that’s a bit too high maintenance for me. :P I also periodically shake it around if it’s taking me a while to drink so it doesn’t settle. The things I’ve done to enjoy a tea I don’t enjoy straight that’s crazy expensive haha!

This is a whole lot of YUM! I agree with the other reviewers that this one done as a latte really makes it shine. Just gives it that extra bit of creaminess it needs. I actually did it with unsweetened coconut milk. Which was a delicious combination. Will definitely order this again :-)

185 °F / 85 °C
TastyBrew

Nice! I just ordered this!!! Do you think it’d be good with almond milk too? Although coconut sounds pretty darn good!

CheshireEyes

Yeah almond milk would probably work well too. Soy is always a good choice as well. :-)

Cheesecake matcha basically sounds like a dream come true. I’m not sure why I didn’t order this with my first order – I LOVE cheesecake, both making it (which I am great at, if I do say so myself haha) and eating it (which I am equally good at, maybe too good). So if I can get matcha that will satisfy my cheesecake craving without all the calories, I am definitely going to try it!

I received this with my order of tiramisu and caramel, and although it had the least distinctive smell and flavour, it definitely still had an authentic cheesecakey-ness that was so worth it. I think the best part of this was that it wasn’t just matcha that tasted like cheesecake – it tastes like what I imagine matcha-flavoured cheesecake would taste like (I haven’t ventured into the world of baking with matcha because I am the only one who would eat it and I really don’t need to eat an entire batch of cookies, cheesecake, etc. By myself!).

Sweet, but not too sweet, with that little hint of tanginess that you get from cream cheese, this is a perfect after-dinner tea. I am going to make it again and do a better job – I had it iced the first time, and I think that is how I will prefer it, but it wasn’t quite cold enough. I took it to work in my timolino and forgot to put ice cubes in! That will be a necessity next time. I can’t wait to mix this with a few other flavours!

The flavour of cheesecake is hard to replicate. Of all the cheesecake teas I’ve tried, none have really gotten it right, but Read Leaf Tea’s Cheesecake Matcha comes closest by far.

You can buy it here (which you should): http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/cheesecake-matcha.html

I got:
Grade: classic
Flavour: delicate

This tea’s definitely got that ‘tang’ of cheesecake! It’s very sweet and creamy (I skip the sugar and put a splash of milk in) and I have it frequently at breakfast for a little indulgence. I wouldn’t say it tastes like liquid cheesecake, but that’s probably a good thing! I would suggest not putting in too much matcha powder at first, because the flavour of this matcha in particular is quite strong. Just writing about it makes me want to curl of with a good book and a steaming pot of this delicious matcha! Of the four matchas that I ordered (others were Caramel, pumpkin pie, and english toffee), cheesecake probably had the most matcha-ish flavour. Sometimes I’m not a huge of matcha, but here the bitterness was perfectly offset by the sweet cheesecake flavour. Now I’m thinking of making a matcha cheesecake…why not?! Yum.

Courtney

This is definitely my favourite matcha so far, followed closely by Caramel. Yum!