Apricot Matcha

Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Red Leaf Tea

The sweet taste of apricots reminds someone of peaches and combined with the balancing effect of oriental Matcha, makes for true palate entertainment. Apricot Matcha is a sweet treat that can be taken anytime day or night when someone just wants to savor the wonders of their surroundings while enjoying a sumptuous treat. It is also the perfect treat for the special occasions of kids whose guardians want to expand the assortment of refreshment alternatives with great additions. Apricot Matcha can be taken with or without food because it’s fulfilling taste leaves its takers wanting more.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

Oh dear. This is … bad. I don’t know if my taste buds are off or something. Or if I just got a really bad batch. Or what. But … this tastes of perfume-y soap. I know it’s not the chawan or the chasen because I only rinse my chasen using the left over hot water from my teapot that I heated up for the Matcha, and I know it’s not the chawan because I rinsed it not only after cleaning but I rinse it in hot water before I use it to warm it up a bit before I make the Matcha.

This is bad. I can’t even try to ascertain what else I taste because my taste buds can’t get past the powerful chemical taste here. It tastes really bad. I’m really disappointed, and I’m not going to rate it, because I don’t know if the fault is mine, or if it’s with the Matcha… I will try it again another time … just not again tonight. I hope it is a case of taste buds being off and not the Matcha.

Helena

sometimes you can never tell until you do it again. Of course it takes awhile to try again if your anything like me and get scared of putting it in your mouth :D

LiberTEAS

I have loved every other Matcha that I’ve tried from RLT and I love apricots … but, this just … I can’t taste the apricot because all I do taste is that icky taste. :( I’m very sad. I had high hopes for it.

DaisyChubb

I had the same problem with one flavour as well :B I’m not sure what it is..

Red Leaf Tea

When you try it again, do me a favor and try using 1/2of flavored matcha and add 1/2 of regular, non-flavored matcha. Let me know if this improves the taste. In some rare cases too much flavor can be bad. I’m not sure here. Not all flavors can be hit, some are just not that great. I’m sorry if you had a bad experience with this one.

LiberTEAS

I will try your suggestion and see how it affects the flavor. After I dumped this and tried another tea with which I was more familiar, though, I realized that my palate seems up to par… so I don’t know. But I will give it another chance, and hopefully the next time will be better.

TeaEqualsBliss

I had high hopes for this one as I am an Apricot NUT

From my latest RLT order;

I picked up a 30g size at distinctive level flavouring because I’ve found that’s what I enjoy most of my matcha at. I don’t actually know why I chose apricot though; I want to try a new fruit flavor, and I guess because this doesn’t have many reviews it seemed like an interesting gamble. The smell of the dry matcha was… Concerning.

There’s a very fake/artificial presence to it and my immediate thought was “Oh no, distinctive was definitely too strong of a flavour!”. It’s not really an uncommon thing for RLT fruit based flavours to taste very chemical, especially at the higher flavour levels. And, I also had no idea what sort of prep method would be the best one to use here. Ultimately I went with cold milk in the hope that it’d maybe mute the flavour of the matcha a little bit and taste creamy; I’ve had some really good creamy apricot teas so I know that flavour pairing can taste great is executed well.

Honestly; it’s not as bad as I’d have expected just based on the smell of the dry matcha. It doesn’t taste natural but it’s not overly artificial or chemical tasting either and I’m going to consider that a win! However, even though it’s not terrible there is something off about this. Fruity milk in general is so hit or miss though. If it was creamier, with perhaps some vanilla added in I think it could work splendidly but just plain milk? No.

Next time I make this I’m going to try a different prep method; hot water, making added in to cake or cookie mix? I sense there’s promise here – I just have to find the way to best utilize this flavour of matcha.