Pistachio Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul
Iced

• “This tasting note is pretty much exclusively a check-in for me. Some of you may know that I live on Long Island in NY, which was hit hard by Sandy. Fortunately for me, I have been in Ohio visiting...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1850 tasting notes
  • “Well, I managed to brick my poor computer. Heres to hoping my software engineer husband can fix it and recover my data. The main PO is losing my resume template! Perk is I get to play on my...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 934 tasting notes
  • “So this does not beat my love for macadamia nut matcha and I probably even like the almond matcha more HOWEVER this is a very good matcha! Its funny because pistachios are my favorite nut...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I love pistachios. Maybe a little too much. They are easily my favorite nut and I have to be really careful when I buy a bag of them because they can get be gone before I know it. Luckily they are...” Read full tasting note
    forkyfork 166 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

The pistachio nut brings its truly gourmet feel and when combined with the regal essence of Matcha, becomes true royalty for the palate. This intensely tasting Matcha treat leaves its avid takers feeling elevated and very delighted. It makes an exceptional addition to many dishes including meat dishes, rice and many vegetables. It is the natural choice for those who want to feel a touch of the gourmet in their kitchen and more so on their palates. Pistachio Matcha also attracts large crowds of interested takers in any social setting of adventurous trendsetters looking for a new taste sensation.

This delectable snack becomes a party success because of its deep rich taste and lingering touch in the depths of the taste buds. It can make many cold dishes exciting and come alive with flavour and rich taste. This is especially true for many fish dishes, cold salads, cheese dishes or even a wide variety of well loved desserts. Pistachio Matcha enhances its surroundings by bringing its high level appeal and compelling taste to any setting of refreshment alternatives. Since it stands in a class of its own, this delectable treat easily takes first place among many nutty and non-nutty snacks.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

This tasting note is pretty much exclusively a check-in for me. Some of you may know that I live on Long Island in NY, which was hit hard by Sandy. Fortunately for me, I have been in Ohio visiting my boyfriend since last Saturday. I was originally scheduled to return to NY on Tuesday, then Thursday, but horrible conditions in NY and Long Island have kept me trapped here until the weekend. But my school has been closed for the rest of the week, so I don’t have to worry about my teaching obligations. I know that my apartment fortunately didn’t flood, but that it probably still doesn’t have power (too bad for my food in the fridge/freezer).

I drank this cold on my drive down to Ohio, and definitely thank it for keeping me awake.

gmathis

Glad to hear you are safe! It’s got to be a nail-biter, anxious to check on things at home. Keep us posted. You’re in our prayers!

Ysaurella

happy to hear you’re ok :)

So glad you’re alright!

Babble

Wow!! Glad you are ok!!

Veronica

Happy to hear you’re ok!

Invader Zim

At least you’re in a safer place, enjoy your extra time with your boyfriend :)

Amariel

Thanks for the check in.

Nik

Eep! Thanks for checking in.

Well, I managed to brick my poor computer. Heres to hoping my software engineer husband can fix it and recover my data. The main PO is losing my resume template! Perk is I get to play on my husband’s new laptop until my computer is fixed (yay google for saving all my passwords and bookmarks!)

Once my computer died, I gave up and made some matcha – this one, blended with some ice and milk. YUM! Pistachio! Very tasty and peppy.

Iced
OMGsrsly

Best of luck with your computer! I have things like resumes backed up with Dropbox. Might be something to consider in the future.

Awkward Soul

my resume was newly revised, so I haven’t had a chance to back it up or at least realize I should back it up. Sigh. I should use my dropbox more often.

Its funny because pistachios are my favorite nut although macadamia does run a close second the things are just too darn expensive! Not that pistachios are cheap or anything but for the price – heck I will just buy matcha instead!
This pistachio matcha really does smell like pistachio.
There is a slight very slight chemical like smell but it does not come out in the blend when you make your matcha regardless of if you use just water or make a latte with it.
I really do like this matcha and the base comes through very nicely and with pistachio for some reason seems to make even more sense because pistachios have green on them. Yeah I know its a mental thing and I am after all somewhat mental however this may also be quite nice in a white base as well!
As per my usual I got the robust flavoring level.
Love me some Red Leaf Tea Tins as well – if you are new to ordering from them get one and see! Screw top lids make all the difference especially when it comes to matcha!
I feel that the price on them is more than fair as well.
So all in all nut my favorite nut from Red Leaf but even in saying that you can’t go wrong because it is a very fine nut matcha! Hey we all have our favorites! :)
Get yours here:

I love pistachios. Maybe a little too much. They are easily my favorite nut and I have to be really careful when I buy a bag of them because they can get be gone before I know it. Luckily they are pricey, so that helps keep things down. Also, I’m a fan of the raw shelled pistachios, so those are even harder to find.

So, when I saw this flavor of matcha, I was excited to try it. How would it compare to pistachios themselves? I got this with Robust level of flavoring and prepared this in a water bottle with chilled water. I used 1/2 teaspoon of matcha to 16 oz. of water.

This matcha has a very interesting taste, but I don’t know if it’s really true to the pistachio flavor. I think, as another reviewer mentioned, it’s more like pistachio flavoring in ice cream and what not. I’m not really getting the true-to-nut taste that I was hoping for. It’s not a bad tasting matcha, but it won’t satisfy my cravings for pistachio.

I gave my boyfriend a blind taste test and asked him what it tasted like. At first he didn’t what to say, but then he said “it’s kind of got a spice to it.” There’s definitely some spice in there as well. I’m just hesitant to recommend this to a pistachio lover like myself because the flavor just isn’t there like I was hoping. I think people who like pistachio flavored things (which I rarely have) will be more satisfied.

You can buy the matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/pistachio-matcha.html

Rachel Sincere

I used to eat pistachios like they were free. Then I ate one that looked funny inside, and it tasted gross. Then I got another one like it and I looked at it more carefully and realized it had a MOTH inside. EEEEeeuuuggghhhh. I have never eaten another pistachio.

TeaBrat

@Rachel – ewwwww

Dinosara

Yeah, I’m the opposite: I don’t really like the nut, but I love pistachio flavored things, so this one works for me!

Rachel Sincere

Totally ewwwwww. And the moral of the story is, don’t eat a funny-looking pistachio. Or just stick to the matcha. :-D

Babble

Rachel – I had a similar experience with eggnog and now I can’t touch the stuff, so I can relate.

Dionsara – Interesting how you don’t like pistachios. I find them delicious, although a pain to deshell.

Lynxiebrat

I love both pistachios and pistachio flavored things, so I would love to give this a shot.

This one is interesting. It smells so much like sweet, creamy, pistachio. Reminds me of pistachio pudding. But it does not taste like pistachio. Still very good though.

I made this one cold shaken in about 8 oz water, 1tsp matcha. It smelled fairly sweet so I didn’t add any sweetener. I had robust flavour, basic grade.

It tastes definitely nutty. Not specifically pistachio but along the same lines as a rich creamy nut flavour. There is a light spice to it as well. I am thinking of cinnamon. Reminds me of Christmas Eve for some reason.

Not what I expected but still very good. Those are the invests surprises!

Fjellrev

No chemical smell or taste? Every since trying the macadamia nut and getting tons of chemical from that one, I’m too chicken to try any other nutty blends.

Lala

I didn’t get any chemical smell of taste. I had robust flavour, basic grade. I had a chemical taste with the peach matcha and that kinda put me off of e fruit flavoured ones. Just not sure what flavours to order. Seems to be kind of hit and miss.

Fjellrev

Good to know because I haven’t tried any of the fruit flavoured ones yet. It’s definitely a gamble.