Sangria Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

From Red Leaf Tea

Sangria Matcha is the perfect answer for those adults looking for a fruity platter treat that has a dash of exotic Matcha and tastes of refreshing spices. This delectable treat is a perfect after hours drink that brings its well rounded charm into the palate. It can be taken with a fine assortment of many snacks and meals to add to their overall flavor and also make things more exciting. This fine treat is great for adults who love the tangy tasty combination of many fruits on their palates.

Sangria Matcha is a mellow balanced drink that brings joy to its many takers because of its multi layered taste. It can hold its own anywhere due to its enticing combinations and promises of adventure. For many adults who want to experiment with different fruit combinations and add an unforgettable touch of oriental Matcha, Sangria Matcha will provide the all answers they seek.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

Azzrian thanks for this one, too!

This wasn’t as POW strong as I thought it would be but it was a wonderfully pleasant aroma and flavor and worked out really well! It was gently fruity or more of a smoother fruit with a bit of wine-ness to it without the actual wine properties or alcohol likeness, if that makes sense. The fruit upfront is more-so berries but on the end sip onto the aftertaste it’s more citrus. This change-up from one to the other is my favorite part of this!

You can get it here:

So I am having a mini matcha sipping party with my family here since we have to get our reviews in before the 14th and I have a ton left to review.

This one I decided to add a little sugar and sparkling water to – in order to make it more like a sangria flavor – as I recall sangria is sweet and sparkly but maybe I had something strange mixed with my sangria lol

Nonetheless – the aroma of this one is excellent – berry like fruits and a winey aroma.

I noticed that it easily frothed up which is something I notice more so with some flavors than others. For those who like a nice froth this is one of those that is easier to get frothy.

The flavor is really delicious very fruity and would be great with a luncheon with the friends.

It is only slightly tangy though I get a bit of an aftertaste almost like rind of a citrus fruit.

So somewhere between citrus and red berries is the general flavor here.

My matcha as always was with robust flavoring – I think I will keep ordering it at that level of flavor. It would probably do well at distinctive but I see no reason not to have it at this level – its very enjoyable.

So my tiny cup is empty, everyone else enjoyed this too but of course my daughter preferred the gingerbread :)

Babble

This sounds so intriguing. I might put it in my next order. We’ll see :)

TeaEqualsBliss

You’re killin’ me, sista! LOL

Azzrian

This is a goodie! :) Sista!

Thanks to Azzrian for a sample of this!

This is very tasty. It’s not as fruity as I would have liked, but it’s not too bitter, either. I don’t know if I’m getting a lot of sangria flavor, but I am getting some subtle fruity flavor. Azzrian put it best when she said it was a cross between citrus and red berries. It’s not absolutely repulsive, but I don’t know if anyone is going to say “Man, that’s definitely Sangria”

A good middle of the road matcha.

Backlog:

I’m not big on alcohol, and while I have enjoyed the alcohol flavored/infused teas that I’ve tried (most of them anyway!) I can’t really tell you with expert opinion that what I’m trying is an alcohol infused or flavored tea because I really don’t know enough about the nuances of different wines/spirits to make that determination. I can only really say what I taste, and base that opinion on my memory of what I remember a certain alcoholic beverage to taste like (I did have some college days, and I spent more time drinking alcohol back then than I do now).

That said: this sangria matcha is sweet and fruity, and I did enjoy it. A hint of brandy-like flavor, but mostly what I taste is fruit notes. This was a robust flavored matcha (classic grade), and I think that a little less flavoring would be better for this blend. I think that the flavors overpower the matcha flavor, but I can taste the buttery sweetness of the matcha and a hint of creamy vegetative taste.

This is better cold than hot. Much better!

Overall, an enjoyable matcha, but not my favorite from Red Leaf Tea.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/10/07/sangria-flavored-matcha-red-leaf-tea/

I’m adding Sangria matcha to the many flavours under my belt because I thought it would make for a really great summer flavour to have stock up; and obviously it’s not a flavour that screams “try me in milk” like how I normally prepare my matcha so I made it as a Matcha Soda instead.

This is the ‘recipe’ I used:

- 1 tsp of matcha whisked into approx. 2 ounce of hot water

- Dissolve approx. 1 tbsp. of sugar into the concentrated matcha to create a ‘matcha syrup’

- Cool down the syrup, and add a can of Club Soda

Just being perfectly honest, as soon as I took my first sip I knew that I didn’t like this flavour of matcha. There was a lot that I personally felt was wrong/off about it – for one the fruit flavours are incredibly muddled on top of tasting really artificial. I know Sangria is a combination of different fruits but I couldn’t pinpoint any of the individual fruits that traditionally make up Sangria. In addition, the vegetal/grassy notes of the matcha were far too pronounced for my liking (despite this being Distinctive flavour level) and took on a ‘swampy’ kind of flavour when compared with the weird/chemical tasting fruit notes.

I’m definitely disappointed by this flavour; it’s nothing like I’d hoped it would be and if you’re looking for an accurate Sangria flavour I think you’re best off looking elsewhere. The worst part is that I’m almost certain that Robust flavouring would taste even more chemical/artificial since that’s the way fruit flavoured matcha tends to go but, while delicate level flavouring might reduce the fake fruit flavour, I think it’d make the Sangria flavour even less distinct than it already is.

Using the rest of this will certainly be a challenge for me.