Coffee Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Red Leaf Tea
Iced

• “backlogging from yesterday as we had friends over after work and i had no time to myself to relax! I had this in smoothie form yesterday with a splash of vanilla matcha and chocolate matcha and it...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6153 tasting notes
  • “I confess, tea lovers, that sometimes I cheat on tea with coffee. In fact, coffee has become a part of my daily routine. I really do love it, and as much as I wish I could drink it straight, I do...” Read full tasting note
    forkyfork 170 tasting notes
  • “Hm, kind of bummed about this one. There is basically no coffee flavor noticeable in this matcha. If I concentrate really hard on it I can just make out a bit of coffee in the aftertaste, but I...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 198 tasting notes
  • “A scoop of matcha, an overripe banana, a glass of almond milk, a scoop of ice cream, and a tablespoon of chia seeds= super decadent. Out of the three coffee flavours from Sil I...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 555 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

When the easily recognizable and well loved taste of deliciously aromatic coffee is combined with the wildly popular regal Matcha, the resulting Coffee Matcha treat leaves its many takers delightfully breathless with pure palate sensations. This all-day treat provides the best companion for many days when work becomes too heavy or too boring and a person needs a delectable snack to carry them through the tedium. Coffee Matcha’s unforgettable taste and delicious aroma is irresistible to many coffee lovers.

This delectable snack can easily become a habit for someone looking to enhance their daily coffee treat with a twist of Matcha’s oriental presence. It is also a perfect accompaniment to many high tea gatherings where people want to feel sophisticated and appreciate the highly cultured palates of their peers. To stay up and about and also interested in the daily happenings in any surrounding, a Coffee Matcha treat should never be far away. Its enticing smell and wonderful taste is sumptuous and unmistakable.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

backlogging from yesterday as we had friends over after work and i had no time to myself to relax! I had this in smoothie form yesterday with a splash of vanilla matcha and chocolate matcha and it was delicious! I think coffee/mocha smoothies are my favourite these days because of the creamy way in which the milk blends with the flavouring. It’s better than a frappacino :)

I confess, tea lovers, that sometimes I cheat on tea with coffee. In fact, coffee has become a part of my daily routine. I really do love it, and as much as I wish I could drink it straight, I do often add things to it to help make it more palatable. I don’t do that with tea. But sadly, coffee seems to be the bad boy that I just can’t quit.

But, I love an opportunity I can to combine my two rivaling beverages – coffee and tea. And this matcha sounded right up my alley. Red Leaf included a sample of it for me in my latest order. Would this be the matcha that finally broke up me and my long term beau coffee for good? I had high hopes.

Since this is a sample, it arrived with the normal matcha base and delicate flavoring. I gave it a little bit of a whiff, but the coffee smell was not as prominent as I’d like. I LOVE the smell of coffee, especially freshly roasted, so I was hoping for a little more prominence, even though this only delicate flavoring. I decided to hold off my opinion until I threw it in a cup with some ice and water, gave it a shake, and see what came out of it.

The result? It’s a very pleasant flavored matcha, but it’s not exactly coffee. It’s very faintly coffee, but it’s not exactly the kind of coffee flavoring I’ve come to expect when I see it in chocolate, sweets, etc. I think it’s more like a mellow chocolate-y flavor than that nicely roasted bean taste. It’s a nice flavor, but it’s not coffee, at least not on the lowest level. Maybe if the flavoring was kicked up a notch it would taste more like coffee?

All in all this matcha is not bad at all, but I think it will be disappointing if really want something coffee flavored. I think next time I might try the Espresso or Mocha flavors, since those might be more up my alley.

You can purchase the matcha here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/coffee-matcha.html (and it’s on sale for today too!)

Iced
Ysaurella

you can drink tea and coffee, it is not irreconcilable at all :)

Hm, kind of bummed about this one. There is basically no coffee flavor noticeable in this matcha. If I concentrate really hard on it I can just make out a bit of coffee in the aftertaste, but I may just be tricking myself into it. I almost wonder if I got sent a plain matcha by mistake.

I appreciate that RedLeaf offers multiple customization options, but I feel like a few of their base options are much too light. It’s especially a bummer that the next flavor option costs $4 more, while after that it’s only $1. It makes me feel like they should maybe charge a dollar or two more and offer better flavoring in the base options. After all why buy flavored matcha if the flavor isn’t noticeable? I would really love a coffee matcha, but if I order from them again I think I’ll pick the espresso matcha.

I just placed an order with 3 Leaf Tea, so fingers-crossed that their flavors are better. It will be great having another option for flavored matcha.

Out of the three coffee flavours from Sil I think this one is my favourite, although the mocha was good too. The coffee smoothly creeps into the finish and aftertaste, leaving a vibrant mouthful. I’m looking forward to drinking the two last servings of this.

Well, this is the last flavour from the generous package from Sil. Thank you so much; I never thought I’d get through so many of Red Leaf’s flavours so quickly (maybe a little too quickly). Also a huge thanks to Fjellrev, who organized and distributed everything on this side of the country. I’m extremely grateful.

Yay! Glad you had fun with them :)

TeaBrat

sounds yummy

Thanks to the wonderful Sil for providing me with a generous sample of this! This one’s distinctive, which I’m quite pleased about since up until now, I’ve always ordered my flavoured matchas in nothing weaker than robust. The matcha itself doesn’t have that much coffee scent, maybe a little of that quintessential bitterness you get from the beans. I prepared this hot with some half and half and brown sugar. Smoothed out the matcha and brought out the coffee a bit. You have to wait to get it in the aftertaste, however.

I’m going to withhold rating for the time being. Try it cold first!

I started with always robust…then found some of the flavours are truly awful and chemical like at robust. This + cheesecake + milk + frozen banana makes me happy lol

Fjellrev

Ohh, I don’t have cheesecake but I should blend it with French Vanilla since I have so much of it anyway. I can see what you mean now with the fruit blends, and the nuts too. I can’t imagine ordering those in robust. That must be nasty.

Courtney

Cheesecake is one of my favourites. Well, of the few I’ve tried. :)

Fjellrev

Do you get actual cheese notes from it? I’ve read some people saying they get almost like a savoury cheese note. That’s kind of scared me.

Courtney

Hmm. Eep. I don’t actually think I can answer that. I haven’t had it in an age, but I don’t recall mentioning anything in my notes about a savoury cheese note.

Courtney

I have one serving left. Now you’ve piqued my curiosity.

Fjellrev

Hmm, maybe you haven’t then? Because you’d think it would be something that would stand out in your memory.

Courtney

I just finished off a warm latte with it, and I really concentrated on finding anything savoury. I really didn’t taste anything to that effect.

Fjellrev

Wow, that was fast haha. Didn’t expect you to have it so soon. Seriously good to know! This one’s been on my list for a while. Seems like you can’t go wrong with it.