Royal Jelly Matcha

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle
175 °F / 79 °C

• “This one is a little odd. I don't know what Royal Jelly tastes like, but I'm assuming it's a little bit like honey. This matcha is sweet. Seriously sweet. Or maybe that's the difference of using...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1423 tasting notes
  • “I had an awesome matcha whisking session today! No clumps at the bottom of the bowl, with some decent froth going on. Success! I used three scoops of matcha whisked in 175F water, then poured it...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 493 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

Royal jelly is collected from domestically kept bee hives. It is derived from head glands located on the worker bees. It is the staple food for all bees in the hive for a certain period of time. After the period is over, all other members of the hive are stopped from consuming it except the queen bee. It also contributes to the development of the female bee into a queen bee. This means that, the more queen bees there are in a particular hive, the higher the amounts of royal jelly.

In its powder form royal jelly is vanilla colored and slightly sweet tasting and when mixed with Matcha to form a light beverage delights its drinker’s with its special regal charm. This is a sumptuous drink for any setting and should be enjoyed by all the family members. Royal jelly Matcha is unforgettable in its excellent health rewards.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

This one is a little odd. I don’t know what Royal Jelly tastes like, but I’m assuming it’s a little bit like honey.

This matcha is sweet. Seriously sweet. Or maybe that’s the difference of using regular Silk soy milk VS unsweetened Almond Breeze. It’s like I added honey to my matcha. Really quite good, even though I can’t pick out the flavour quite like I can with the caramel.

I’d share this with a group order, for sure. It’s flavoured but not too much, even though it’s robust. Thanks, CrowKettle!

CrowKettle

I like mixing this one into other kinds of matcha :)

OMGsrsly

I don’t have enough matcha left to do that! We definitely need to do a Red Leaf order. Iced matcha lattes will be amazing in the summer.

I used three scoops of matcha whisked in 175F water, then poured it into a cup with frothed warm milk. It was such a pretty cream green colour.. and then it was gone in less than a minute. Now I feel positively buzzed, and am already missing that beautiful green. I’m deeply regretting the self-imposed evening matcha curfews right now, but I think I want to sleep tonight. Maybe. Not.

Flavour-wise this one’s quirky. I think it tastes like typical plain old matcha to me, with a bit of a sweet-sour taste to it.

I don’t know what influenced me to pick up this flavour. I hadn’t seen that episode of Tatami Galaxy yet. (http://www.thiseuphoria.com/anime/tatami36.jpg)

175 °F / 79 °C