Rich Berry Pie Matcha

Matcha Tea
Berries, Butter, Cinnamon, Pastries
Edit tea info Last updated by Alphakitty

From Red Leaf Tea

All popular berries are known for their rich, sweet or tart taste depending on who is enjoying them at any moment in time. Berry pies are mouth-watering and enhancing their rich sweetness by adding a hint of Matcha gives them their much needed balancing effect and well rounded feel in the palate. Rich Berry Pie Matcha is a versatile treat that can be enjoyed by both children and adults. This is because, this delightful treat with its eye-catching assorted coloring and bold taste can quickly attract a large group of loyal followers who are ready to take their enjoyment to the next level. With Rich Berry Pie Matcha in an assortment of refreshments, people are bound to remember that rainbow taste in their palates long after.

Rich Berry Pie Matcha can also be a very enjoyable treat for senior citizens who are normally accustomed to very bland tasting uninteresting foods. Adding this unforgettable treat to their regular diets gives them those treasured moments of pure enjoyment as they live through their golden years. This wonderful snack is also perfect for all seasons of the year. In warmer weather, a Rich Berry Pie Matcha treat with leave its takers feeling invigorated and deliciously alive. In colder times, especially winter when people tend to be housebound, this delightful treat can easily become the highlight in the seemingly endlessly snowy days.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

Afternoon pick me up! I’m almost out of this one…only a couple of tsps left! I really enjoyed this flavor though and think I would pick it up again. Not at all artificial tasting. Rich pie-like flavor! Today’s hot latte included 3/4 tsp matcha and 3/4 tsp white sugar whisked in 8oz warm milk. GOOD STUFF. Plotting a matcha order as soon as I have enough money :)

Flavors: Berries

0 OZ / 0 ML
Courtney

How did the sugar work out? Matchaccino like?

Stephanie

It was just perfect for me. Just as much flavor as matchaccino but only about half the sweetness! I think about 2 tsp of sugar would be equivalent to the matchaccino sweetness level :)

Courtney

Excellent! It sounds tasty. I think the less sugar version actually sounds great.

Ah, flavored matcha. You’d think after the roughly 5 thousand flavors I’ve tried (okay, not really, but over 20 for sure!) I’d be worn out and ready to settle down with my current selection of favorites (maple, butterscotch, caramel popcorn, pumpkin pie, and macadamia nut). But no, my tastebuds still seek out adventure and exploration! And since pie is one of my favorite things I snapped up the two new pie-themed flavors the instant they went on sale. Apple Pie was fantastic and I was hoping for the same deliciousness from Rich Berry Pie.

In the bag this smells like… cinnamon? Super heavy duty spices! Which is weird, I don’t think they are mentioned in the description. But pies often have cinnamon or nutmeg added, so I suppose it’s not unusual: I am just used to spice-free berry pie.

I think this would probably be best as a latte but I went with the shake-it-in-a-water-bottle method for my first go-round… mostly because I’d already consumed two lattes that day. Matcha overload! I did add a splash of milk for that creamy quality.

Mm, this really does taste like pie! I think the pie-like qualities of buttery, flakey crust aren’t quite as prominent as they were in Apple Pie but this matcha is also more complex. There’s the multilayered berry flavor (I get mainly raspberry and blueberry) along with the cinnamon and nutmeg. I think perhaps Spiced Berry Pie might be a more accurate description for this one, but either way I am totally loving it! I think it would be especially good mixed with the cheesecake or caramel matcha for that extra rich element. You can get some here:

Starfevre

I wish it had mentioned cinnamon and nutmeg in the description or I would not have gotten it, since I hate those spices. Glad I’m not the only one to taste that, I thought I was going crazy.

Kittenna

Where have you gone, Alphakitty?! :( Was thinking about you today, and see that you’ve been gone for a fair while. Hope everything is ok!

From miss Stephanie!

The art I commissioned from her and tea samples made it to me not even twenty minutes before I left to go to the bus depot; so I didn’t have time to take pictures for you guys or add any of the tea samples into what I packed for my trip. I don’t know if she took any pictures before mailing stuff off, but if she did I have no problem with her sharing them so you guys can see!

The whole packaged smelled like this matcha; despite all the bags she had it in. So fruity; and so much berry! Even though I was really rushed to leave, I quickly opened up the sample baggie and measured out about 1 tsp. to shake up and add to the bottle of vanilla Milk2Go I was bringing with me. I’m a little sad my first impression of this one wont be straight; but it smelled too good to not try as soon as possible.

If I’m being honest, I’ve never had a rich berry pie before. I mean, yes I’ve had all sorts of pies with berries – my favourite of which is Saskatoon Berry (Robert; I will be tickled pink if you make me a Saskatoon Berry matcha), but never rich berry. My understanding is that it’s basically sort of an amalgamation of every sort of berry pie? Someone correct me if I’m wrong about that though. If that’s what it is, it sounds delightful and yummy!

Initial thought upon drinking this one: Man I hope we don’t hit a bump in the road! It’d suck to spill matcha milk all over myself on the bus when I still have like two hours left in my trip. But then after I had finished with that thought and successfully not spilled anything my next thought was something along the lines of “man, what I rich berry flavour! Oh – I get it. I get the name.” Yeah, I can’t say the berry in this is anything really descript but if it’s just sort of meant to be “all berries” then I can understand and accept why that is. In the vanilla milk, it’s exceptionally creamy and smooth too – like a mixed berry milkshake, sort of.

Still working on drinking this and I’m noticing something else too; there’s a buttery cinnamon note to this matcha as well. At first I didn’t really get why, but then it clicked that it must be meant to taste like a cinnamon dusted pastry crust! And once I realized that I totally tasted it; it just comes together to create this very complete and well rounded flavour of pie! It’s not just “an assortment of berries dumped together” – it’s berry pie. And I’ve had other pie matchas (Pumpkin) from RLT before – I can say confidently that the crust element in that blend is not as well executed as it is in this one. And now that I’m really getting into the pie aspect of the matcha and not just the berry, the vanilla in the milk is reminding me of a dallop of vanilla ice cream on top. Perfection!

This is cool! I’m happy Stephanie sent a fair amount of it, because I know I’m going to have fun experimenting with it! One of the better “fruit” matchas I’ve had, for sure!

Flavors: Berries, Butter, Cinnamon, Pastries

Stephanie

Glad you enjoyed the matcha and I’m extra glad the art arrived safely :D

stephanie.. WE WANT PICTURES

awesome! love it!!

What an interesting flavour. The scent and flavour profile is simultaneously intriguing me and making me feel ill. I have a weird relationship with berries. I love them individually, but any sort of berry mixture never goes over well. The cinnamon here seems to create the pie effect, at least in my cold shaken milk, and I think that’s what is allowing this flavour to work for me. I’ve also never had a berry pie, so perhaps this is what it’s supposed to taste like? Perhaps a warm latte would work better?

OMGsrsly

Blueberry cinnamon pie would be amazing right about now. :) Honestly, I think flavours and spices depend on the taste of the person making it. Like, we never put cinnamon in our strawberry or rhubarb pies, but according to the internet, that’s a thing.

Courtney

I know what you mean. I could do any berry with cinnamon I think. But more than one berry and I just can’t. It makes my stomach turn. But gah, blueberry cinnamon pie sounds amazing. I’ve also only had strawberry rhubarb together in a pie, never separate haha!

OMGsrsly

Yeah, and apparently strawberry-rhubarb pie is a thing too! I’ve never had it. :)

Roswell Strange

Strawberry Pie is pretty decent ;)

Roswell Strange

**Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Stephanie

Oh bummer :/ I am sorry it makes you feel ill…

Courtney

That’s okay! They can’t all be winners. I’m glad I tried it for sure.

Stephanie

Well, if you decide you wanna trade, just let me know :)