Unknown Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

• “Today I am drinking the nest shaped tuocha! There was only one in my bag, most of them were the little rectangular cubes. It is even smoother than the cube! I really need to get my hands on some...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 901 tasting notes
  • “Not long ago, Red Leaf Tea announced that they had received some puerh by mistake and we could have it for the cost of shipping it to us. I signed up and received mine yesterday. My daughter got...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1817 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Stephanie* for this mini cake. I thoroughly enjoyed my second pu-erh experience (first one was from back in 2008). I like the fact that it can be re-steeped many times. It did have a...” Read full tasting note
    rogersck 180 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure if I should be even rating this as this is my first taste of pu-erh. Anyway, to be blunt, it smells and tastes like dead fish. Maybe it will grow on me? Thanks for the experience Red...” Read full tasting note
    Kissadilla 53 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

Limited offer – samples of puerh, not available for purchase.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

Today I am drinking the nest shaped tuocha! There was only one in my bag, most of them were the little rectangular cubes. It is even smoother than the cube! I really need to get my hands on some high quality puerh in the near future. I wish Mandala had a small sampling pack or something!

you can buy “sample”/small sizes from garrett – i ordered a few from him to try recently. I highly recommend trying special dark and noble mark…you can get the same tea that they pressed to make their phatty cake too if you want a sense of whether you’d like that one too…oh just place an order! haha i’ve only been able to place one order with garret and it’s all so delicious!

Stephanie

Can you buy less than a full ounce for sampling? When I look on the website that is the smallest quantity I see…I really would prefer a half ounce or less for sampling purposes!

Not long ago, Red Leaf Tea announced that they had received some puerh by mistake and we could have it for the cost of shipping it to us. I signed up and received mine yesterday. My daughter got some as well and had it shipped here because she works twelve hour shifts and the apartment complexes have those postal boxes like bird houses and I am concerned that they get too hot.

This has led me to wonder if I should order tea in the summer at all. My mail is left in a box on my house, under the porch, but in the meantime it has traveled quite a bit and sat in the back of a hot mail truck before arriving. Does anyone else think this might make a difference? I have never noticed a tea not tasting good and attributed it to heat, though, so maybe it doesn’t matter. Thoughts?

Anyway, I love making puerh the way Bonnie suggested and have enjoyed it very much. She has a cup hot and then puts the leaves in cold water to steep in the fridge. It is too blooming hot here this morning to drink anything hot, so I actually just poured some hot water on two tuocha, left it a minute, and filled the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water and cold steeped it.

The resulting brew is quite dark, so I poured a glass and refilled the pitcher with water. The tea is SO good and refreshing! My friend was astonished a few days ago when I told her I loved iced puerh, no sweetening, but you really should try it! It is a very refreshing drink, and my tummy was a little angry about Chinese food last night followed by popcorn with coconut oil and butter on it. The tea seems to have helped a lot!

Thanks Stephanie for this mini cake. I thoroughly enjoyed my second pu-erh experience (first one was from back in 2008). I like the fact that it can be re-steeped many times.

It did have a very slight fishy smell, but that did not bother me. I ‘rinsed’ it for 30 secs, but I decided to drink the ‘rinsing’ water and even that tasted good for me, lol. Pu-erh is definitely in my list of teas to explore :)

I’m not sure if I should be even rating this as this is my first taste of pu-erh. Anyway, to be blunt, it smells and tastes like dead fish. Maybe it will grow on me? Thanks for the experience Red Leaf, but I’m sticking to your epic matcha. haha.