Earl Grey Matcha (Black Tea Base)

Black Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog: I had tried the Earl Grey green Matcha from Red Leaf but I really wanted to try the black tea base too, since black tea and bergamot seem to just ... work better ... at least in my...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

Earl Grey Matcha is distinctive in its special combination of a hint of citrus fruitiness and smoky essence. This exceptional flavor is ideal for the well developed and adventurous palate that seeks a combination of variety and spice in any refreshment. This special flavor is ideal for many special occasions where people can treat themselves to a new fresh taste that is still uncommon yet unforgettable to the palate. Earl Grey Matcha stands in a special class of its own because of its essence of refinement.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog:

I had tried the Earl Grey green Matcha from Red Leaf but I really wanted to try the black tea base too, since black tea and bergamot seem to just … work better … at least in my opinion. I went with the distinctive level of flavoring here and this is one case where I wish I would have gone with the delicate level of flavoring because it just goes too much bergamot with the distinctive level of flavoring.

Now, I’m all for a good strong amount of bergamot, but, here, it was just too much for my palate. However, this particular Earl Grey Matcha (with the distinctive level of flavoring) is excellent as a latte … especially good with vanilla almond milk! It’s also not bad when blended with Honey flavored Greek Kefir.

Here’s my full-length review for this tea: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/05/31/earl-grey-matcha-black-tea-from-red-leaf-tea/