Mandarin Matcha

Fruit Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre
Iced 2 oz / 59 ml

• “D for Distinctive, I believe. This sample is from *Sil*! Thank you! :D It's been sent all over, and now I have ALL THE MATCHA in my apartment. My apartment smells like raspberry candy, wow that...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1424 tasting notes
  • “Excitedly opened this today, wanting to try it immediately. Yay, mandarin! Sadly, it smelled little of mandarin and tasted little of it too. I don't get it. It was sweet and sort of (?) fruity,...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “I mixed the rest of this into some vanilla ice cream and let my roommate try some; we both could taste the mandarin orange (the finishing flavour). Pretty tasty, and no fluoride reminder. I wish...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 493 tasting notes
  • “worse tasting note ever...but that's what happens when your other half says casually.. uh there's a bunch of milk to finish off before we leave... want a BIG glass? uh..... i can make two really...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4831 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

Mandarin is from the orange family, thought to be brought over from Japan during WWII, usually eaten plain or in salads, although mandarin has found many other uses in cooking over the years. Sweet yet tart, and full of healthy benefits, our Mandarin Matcha Green Tea is sure to be your perfect morning wake up tea!

Matcha green tea gives plenty of positive energy boost, without the drop or lag experienced after other morning drinks. When the delicious citrus zing of Mandarin is added to our matcha green tea you will get an eye opening sensation and have a zip in your step! Mandarin oranges have a very deep and rich history dating back to over 3,000 years ago, when first cultivated in China. Mandarin were once only for the privileged class much like fine matcha tea powder! Together, our fine matcha green tea powder and mandarin will make you feel like royalty! Enjoy this delicious citrus flavor in hot, cold, or latte form, or be creative and use our Mandarin Matcha powder in your culinary experiments.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

D for Distinctive, I believe.

This sample is from Sil! Thank you! :D It’s been sent all over, and now I have ALL THE MATCHA in my apartment. My apartment smells like raspberry candy, wow that raspberry flavour is strong.

I’ve made it as a soda, per Roswell Strange. 1/2 tsp matcha and a bit of sugar dissolved in warm water, then mixed with club soda. And some ice.

Surprisingly tasty! Wow. I’m not really getting mandarin from this (all I can smell is raspberry – my WHOLE APARTMENT smells like raspberry!), but it’s tasty all the same. Maybe when it’s had a chance to air out more than just a few hours. :)

Excitedly opened this today, wanting to try it immediately. Yay, mandarin!

Sadly, it smelled little of mandarin and tasted little of it too. I don’t get it. It was sweet and sort of (?) fruity, but just generically so. Distinctive flavoring too.. must try again.

0.25 tsp in 2 oz.

Iced 2 OZ / 59 ML
Stephanie

Matcha flavors seem pretty hit or miss

MissB

In my experience, I like the dessert flavored ones much more than the fruit-flavored ones, although it really depends on how strong the flavoring is.

Suziqzer

Oh.. Hope you get it working for you

Nattie

I’ve tried a couple of ‘delicate’ level matchas, and wasn’t able to pick anything out at all other than matcha. I should be getting my first proper order soon – amaretto matcha plus this month’s sample – and I’ve gone for ‘robust’ because in my experience I need strong flavours in order to be able to pick them up!

Nattie

(The matchaccino you sent, however, was totally perfect and sooo caramel-y. I wish I knew which flavouring level they use for the matchaccinos. Any idea?)

I wish I’d tried the rest of Sil’s flavoured matcha in an ice cream batch, as it seems to reduce the variable of bad mixing on my part.

Stephanie

ice cream matcha? ooooooooh that sounds good

worse tasting note ever…but that’s what happens when your other half says casually.. uh there’s a bunch of milk to finish off before we leave… want a BIG glass?

uh….. i can make two really quick matcha lattes i guess…

flavour one – this one distinctive… this is for sure NOT orange and is most assuredly mandarin. Adding it to milk though, makes me want orange to get an orange creamsicle flavour. I can’t remember if i’ve had orange though… anyway. on the whole this is pretty good but not likely a reorder…but if you’re looking for mandarin…this is it!