Sicilian Vespers

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “I am finishing off the last I have of this tea - thanks again to *TeaEqualsBliss* for sending it out to me. This tea has a lovely floral essence. It is beautifully delicate, it is like a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4231 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure why I am drinking a white tea this early in the day but I am and I will say this is a goodie!!! I can taste the Cabernet type taste with floral and a little bit of fruit thrown in! ” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “A very interesting floral white tea, that outside of the clear lack of alcohol in some way comes off as a bit more like a white wine than a white tea. A light more floral taste that blends in...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 215 tasting notes
  • “Red Leaf Tea uses such a great tea base on all of their white tea blends. This has a delicious grapey flavor profile, some notes of white wine and a floral finish. I prefer the Pink Sonoma...” Read full tasting note
    LauraR 69 tasting notes

From Red Leaf Tea

Red Leaf tea’s new special flavor, the Sicilian Vespers, is a perfect delicacy. The essence of the delicate tea is the ability of the straight flavor of the leaf to remain clear and present on the palate, as you measure the brew for heat, spiciness, aftertaste and other factors. The floral taste of osmanthus and chrysanthemum are not overwhelming, but in the measured balance of this tea they stand out beautifully, and, need we add, delicately, against the Cabernet wine infusion folded in for sweetness.

About Red Leaf Tea View company

I am finishing off the last I have of this tea – thanks again to TeaEqualsBliss for sending it out to me.

This tea has a lovely floral essence. It is beautifully delicate, it is like a light, spirited dance on the palate. The cabernet wine is prominent, and when combined with the light floral taste it is really quite delightful. Sweet – but not too sweet. Hints of currants.

As I finish the last of this – I am realizing just how much I am going to miss it. This is – quite possibly – the best “wine infused” tea I’ve tasted to date.

And because I am liking this so much tonight, I’m going to increase my numeric rating just a tad!

I’m not sure why I am drinking a white tea this early in the day but I am and I will say this is a goodie!!!

A very interesting floral white tea, that outside of the clear lack of alcohol in some way comes off as a bit more like a white wine than a white tea. A light more floral taste that blends in nicely with the wine flavor.

Red Leaf Tea uses such a great tea base on all of their white tea blends. This has a delicious grapey flavor profile, some notes of white wine and a floral finish. I prefer the Pink Sonoma because I like the rose and jasmine as floral notes over the osmanthus and chrysanthemum floral notes. Very unique.

This surprised me. It has that plasticky straw floral element I associate with the Earls I don’t like, that Med grocer bottled orange blossom essence and jasmine thing. So you’d think I’d dislike this, but there’s enough great layered other stuff going on—a surprising thick juiciness, indeed the sparkling but also fruity dry wine quality, etc.—I rather enjoyed it. An unusual and lovely white blend.