Orange Pekoe

Tea, Lemon Zest, Musty, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Kasumi no Chajin
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 3 g 7 oz / 208 ml

From Red Rose

This unique blend of the finest quality, best tasting orange pekoe teas ensures a perfect and satisfying cup of tea every time.

About Red Rose View company

My mother and I sometimes differ in our tea tastes, but on this we are united: Red Rose just isn’t for us. There’s a one in five chance that every time we pass through the tea aisle, mom will make a comment about Red Rose, and how much she dislikes it (growing up, my house was always stocked with either jasmine tea, or Tetley). I never offered an opinion, because I couldn’t really ever remember drinking it, and it at least deserved a fair shot, I thought.

Well, I already drank up all the tea I brought along with me this week, and work is ready stocked with a mountain of Lipton and Red Rose, so into my Timolino it went. And . . . it was watery, weak, and thin, and the aftertaste was unpleasantly . . . dirty. It could have been a number of factors—the timolino could have had a tea-buildup, the water could have been tepid, etc. So I brewed up some Lipton English Breakfast to see if it was all the outside factors instead of the tea itself, and no. LEB was meh for a black / decent for tea dust. But it was drinkable. I’m sorry, Red Rose. But we go our separate ways here.

I had a pot of this tea today with brunch and it was amazingly mediocre. One tea bag was not enough to make a pot, so it was weak and watery. A fair bit of cream and sugar made the whole thing passable, but bleh. I really wish more restaurants would serve decent tea.

On the bright side, the rest of brunch was fantastic! We went to Neechi Commons and had the Talia breakfast, which is a skillet with really good fried potatoes, bacon, kale, mushrooms, onion and red pepper, topped with poached eggs, and fresh fruit and toasted bannock on the side. It was wonderful.

Favorite tea if there is nothing else to have. Have this most of the time. love to make ice tea with it, add alittle lemon and honey and its amazing on a cold rainy day.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Musty

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML

I grew up in Canada and this is one of the only teas I knew back then. I recently went back and tried it again with a little milk. It was very weak and, while not unpleasant, it was certainly lackluster.

5 min, 0 sec 3 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

The taste is muddied, and tasted as if I’d steeped it too long, even though it had only been three minutes. Not something I’d have again.

This is what my roommate prefers for iced tea. I’ll drink it if everything else is gone. It’s better than no tea at all, anyway.

I drink this with supper every night and have been doing so since I was a kid. To me, this is the black tea I go to when I need a pick me up and find that it has a very full flavor considering that it is a bagged tea. When I think orange pekoe, I think of this.

Boiling 8 min or more

So I had this monday at work. My lovely sister was brewing tea for everyone and this was just yummy. Always a good classic.

I like to drink this steeped in milk with a bit of sugar in it.

I’m not much of a straight black tea kind of girl, but I do enjoy orange pekoe in latte form :P

Kind of my default tea because it’s what was in the cupboards growing up. It’s got a familiar flavour with a little bit of milk, a great pick-me-up afternoon tea. Plain or if steeped too long it goes a little bitter. I always have it on hand for homesickness or when I need to wake up and don’t feel like brewing coffee.