Lemon Chiffon

Black Tea, Lemon Peel, Natural Lemon Flavor
Coconut, Cream, Lemon Zest, Vanilla
Tea Bag
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 40 g 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Since I liked the Creme Caramel so much and my tea basket is slowly dwindling, I decided to pick up a box of the Lemon Chiffon tea to try. Now, I normally don't like lemon in tea very much, so I am...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 517 tasting notes
  • “I was a little skeptical but this tea smelled so divine I couldn't pass it up! It smells like fresh baked lemon pie or lemon bars. The smell alone makes this a wonderful tea. It's not bitter....” Read full tasting note
    traci 25 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised by how much I liked this for a cheap grocery store tea. It really does taste like a cake, but not too overwhelming. I would absolutely recommend, and I think I might have to look at...” Read full tasting note
    Zimaleah501 169 tasting notes
  • “I'm almost done, I swear! Anyway, I picked up a few bags of this at the New York Coffee & Tea Festival, and it is one of two grocery store teabags I found at the festival I liked. At first,...” Read full tasting note
    kbat21 33 tasting notes

From Red Rose

The fresh, crisp and natural flavor of Lemon Chiffon is the perfect complement to the rich undertones of carefully selected tea leaves, sourced from the finest tea estates. This naturally decaffeinated blend delivers both depth and the precise hint of sweetness to unveil sheer decadence and endless aroma.

About Red Rose View company

Since I liked the Creme Caramel so much and my tea basket is slowly dwindling, I decided to pick up a box of the Lemon Chiffon tea to try. Now, I normally don’t like lemon in tea very much, so I am not expecting much out of this.

My mouth was watering before the water even heated up because of how this teabag smelled. It was like I had just taken a sheet of lemon bars out of the oven. Sadly, once you get the tea brewed the smell goes away. Very sad. Tea companies really need to figure out how to get the dry leaf to smell like the prepared tea when they smell that good.

Plain the tea was underwhelming. It had a nice smooth base and it just tasted like you squeezed a lemon into it. While some people may appreciate that, it is just not my cup of tea. (puns, love them)

So I put in two teaspoons of sugar and tried again. Ah! This is what I was hoping for. You can still taste the tea, but the flavor has been transformed from a fresh squeezed lemon to a cake-like lemon bar. The kind where they have sugar on the bottom of the bar and the filling is so gooey it is almost like lemon pudding instead of cake? It is that sort of bar and it was one of my favorite treats in college.

I prefer the caramel creme over the lemon, but this is pretty good as long as I remember the sugar.

Best of all, this one is decaf so I’ll get to share it with my mom. I am sure she will love it.

(Also, this is my 500th tea note!)

Fjellrev

Congratulations on 500!

Please keep things friendly and .

I was a little skeptical but this tea smelled so divine I couldn’t pass it up! It smells like fresh baked lemon pie or lemon bars. The smell alone makes this a wonderful tea. It’s not bitter.

And the taste? Tastes just like fresh baked lemon pie. This is a great tea that I think I’ll have to buy more of!

Please keep things friendly and .

I was surprised by how much I liked this for a cheap grocery store tea. It really does taste like a cake, but not too overwhelming. I would absolutely recommend, and I think I might have to look at a few more options from this brand for my teabag needs.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

I’m almost done, I swear!

At first, though, I found this tea way too sweet. I don’t taste much tea, but the more I drink it, the more I like it. It is a very sweet tea, but it is interesting. It’s very cake like and also quite lemon. The lemon flavor also manages to taste like lemon without tasting like cleaner or soap, which is lovely.

This is a decaf tea, and I have been drinking it at night. I’ll miss it then, as this is my last bag. I have no idea where I can actually buy this tea. It’s a Canadian brand, and I haven’t seen it around. If I do, I’ll probably grab a box. It’s not life changing, but it’s quite pleasant.

Please keep things friendly and .

I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. I tasted a sample of it and took a bag home from the recent New York Coffee & Tea Festival. By the packaging and fact that it is a grocery store brand, I was not expecting to like it at all, but I did!

The smell is absolutely divine, like a a rich lemon. The taste is actually quite complex and well balanced. I could almost literally taste a nice zingy slice of lemon meringue pie while sipping, including the crust, filling, and even creamy topping. This is quite a unique tea and goes well as a “tea time” or dessert tea, but it is not too sweet to deter me from drinking it at other times of the day.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Lemon Zest, Vanilla