Hibiscus Superflower Watermelon

Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Jilly Beane

From Republic of Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Republic of Tea View company

The liquor brewed up a pleasing bright red. It smelled juicy, but indeterminate. The tartness was satisfying, but the watermelon tasted artificial, like a jolly rancher. It wasn’t bad, and I’d happily drink it again; I wouldn’t actually buy it, though.

I received this as a sample in the Republic of Tea catalog.

I’ve had this floating around for a while and thought that it would be a good choice for this evening. Sometimes I just crave something tart and as this has hibiscus in it (even in the name), I knew it would be a good one.

Sipping… well, I’m definitely satisfied as far as needing something tart. I also like the watermelon flavor that seems to be almost as strong (but not quite) as the hibiscus. It’s not an amazing, juicy watermelon flavor, but one that’s a bit artificial and simple. There isn’t really anything special about this one… it is exactly what it says it is… watermelon and hibiscus. If you’re looking for something beyond that.. this tea wouldn’t do the job. I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy this tea, but can see it being a suitable iced tea choice during the summer.

I received this in a mailer from ROT, and I steeped it for about 10 minutes, which equalled utter deliciousness. I had it hot w/ Truvia, and LOVED it. I bet it would be amazing cold. It was both sweet and tart, and tasted like actual watermelon. I liked that this little bag was so potent, that it was still flavorful even in 12 oz. of water, which is unlike other ROT packets. I usual use 2 packets at a time for this brand, which gets expensive. I will def buy a can of this great tea.