Raspberry Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Rishi Tea

Raspberry Green, Organic Fair Trade Green Tea

Smooth, steamed green tea blended with tart hibiscus and succulent raspberries. This blend is sweet, jammy and rich with a character that lends itself to tasty hot or iced tea. Goes well with a squeeze of lemon or pomegranate juice.

Water: 180°F / Leaves: 1 tablespoon per 8 oz / Infusion Time: 3-4 minutes / Ingredients: Organic green tea, organic raspberry, organic Fair Trade Certified™ hibiscus and natural raspberry flavor. Origin: Rishi blend.

About Rishi Tea View company

Another new one from Rishi! I’m sampling and sending the rest to LiberTEAs.

When I opened the package the Raspberry seemed to be dried and a little sticky…which then seemed to make the green tea leaves sticky or texture-E. The aroma was a wonderful raspberry. I think there is more Raspberry bits than actual green tea and ONE little Hibiscus sliver in there!

GUESS WHAT!!!!!

It’s really good! It’s sweet and fruity and oh-so-slightly tart but not tart enough to say so in a tarty person’s book! LOL

This infuses a very light pinkish color. It’s a nice juicy and mellow type taste with fruity highlights and I really REALLY like it and think it would be wonderful iced, too!

Sean Duncan Purcell

It sort seems like the geen might be over whelmed by the raspberry. Was that the case?

TeaEqualsBliss

There was more Raspberry than green tea, yes, but for the season/warmer weather it tastes nice! If you are looking for a primarily green tea but gently flavored…this may not be it…not overly green tasting.

Backlog:

At first I was dismayed that there was hibiscus in this blend, but after tasting, the hibiscus doesn’t bother me too much.

Sweet. fruity. Tart. The green tea is buttery with notes of veggie. The raspberry notes are prominent (and are accentuated by the hibiscus), and I’m glad to say that there isn’t a TON of hibiscus in this. Rishi did hibiscus right with this (assuming that there is a right way to do hibiscus, that is.)

Overall a pleasant cuppa. I like that it’s organic. I’d like it better if there was no hibiscus if for no other reason than when I read “hibiscus” in the ingredient list, the word makes me go “eww.”

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/10/18/organic-raspberry-green-tea-rishi-tea/