Red Ginseng Recharge

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jamie

From Rishi Tea

Dark and rich, with sweet cinnamon, succulent figs and roasted roots, this smooth and invigorating blend has decadent flavor and sensual, comforting energy.

About Rishi Tea View company

This tea has a really interesting scent being very herbal and sweet with hints of fruit and spices. I can totally tell there’s ginseng in there as there really isn’t anything else that smells like ginseng does.

The flavour of the tea seems to go in waves, first lightly fruity, then there are hints of cinnamon, then it finishes off with the rather herbal-tasting ginseng and the licorice root, the later leaving a sweet aftertaste in my mouth. There’s not really one ingredient that really comes to the fore – not even the ginseng – instead it all just sort of blends together. It makes for an interesting mix of flavours, but not an unlikeable one.

this is a really neat blend. I’ve never tasted something quite like it! … I could really taste the cinnamon, but it wasn’t overpowering, with lots of bite like some cinnamon teas.. I definitely appreciate it! thanks JustJames for the chance to try this!

I thought this would be perfect after a long day at work. A little reboot. I felt like my cup could have used a bit more cinnamon. The boyfriend liked his. Overall enjoyable.

2017 tasting notes

According to their website Rishi is now calling this Apple Ginseng. My whole purpose to ordering this was to find a new apple tea because my favorite has been discontinued. I was a little disappointed not to taste more apple in it. However this tea surprised me, it smelled so familiar as it was steeping. After looking at the ingredients I realized it is very similar to my favorite tea from Yogi, Egyptian Licorice. That makes this an instant winner with me because that has been a favorite of mine for years. The only reason this didn’t get a 100 is because i really was looking for more apple flavor.