Super Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Brett Floyd

From Rishi Tea

Super Green recently won 1st Place at the 2010 World Tea Championship for “Blended Green Tea” and is our greenest tea ever, combining chumushi (mid-steamed) sencha from Kagoshima and a ceremonial grade matcha from the Kyoto Prefecture of Japan. This new blend has a vivid green infusion with a smooth and sweet umami flavor and is sure to please any green tea lover with its innovative profile and fresh character.

Super Green is an effective and totally natural energy drink that will invigorate and refresh with the powers of matcha and premium sencha. We selected a varietal of sencha known as “Sae Midori,” which is one of the most umami green tea cultivars in the world and has 3% more amino acids and L-theanine than all other tea bush types in Japan. It is perfectly balanced with vivid green matcha, which is also high in amino acids and prized for its stimulating mental clarity and alpha brain waves effect.

Super Green is best prepared with a kyusu teapot using water no hotter than 170°F. This tea can also be prepared as fukamushi cha (deep steamed tea), yielding 2-3 flavorful infusions. We also suggest 8-12 hours cold brew for a most refreshing green iced tea.

Water: 170°F / Leaves: 1 tablespoon per 8 ounces / Infusion Time: 1.5 minutes / Ingredients: Japanese sencha green tea and matcha green tea. / Origin: Japan.

About Rishi Tea View company

This is a seriously GREEN green tea. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such green liquor in a tea that wasn’t pure matcha. What impressed me the most was how flavorful it was, without being bitter, even though I oversteeped it slightly. It’s kind of like sencha on steroids — the addition of matcha amps it up and increases the umami factor. The flavor profile is vegetal yet sweet; it’s not what I would call grassy or spinach-y. I enjoyed it and will probably purchase more.

After hearing about this tea , I had to try it. I mean… not only are the ingredients in this tea independently fantastic but, it’s a World Tea Champion so let me have it!

The verdict: Meh.

This tea has the creamy mouthfeel of Matcha, and the slight astringency of Sencha, which in themselves sound quite nice, but… well… as I already mentioned, each of those teas on their own are fantastic.
I feel that the Matcha conceals the lovely nuances of Sae Midori Sencha. The precise wonder of Sae Midori is that it is so complex! The Matcha overpowers it.
And the creaminess of the Matcha is there, and in its own right it’s lovely… but… it’s not whisked. My impression throughout my entire first cup was, “Aggghh! I really want to whisk the heck out of this right now!!” And this surprised me because I don’t feel that way at all when I have Genmai Matcha / Ryokucha.

So my conclusion is this: This is a good tea. It’s unique, and it gets you jacked. But… in my opinion… the Matcha is best whisked up as a bowl of Matcha, and the Sae Midori Sencha is best savoured and appreciated on it’s own.

takgoti

Aw, bummer. Reading the description, this does sound delectable. And I’ll have you know that I am on the verge of buying a quarter pound of Ancient Yellow Buds and I am completely blaming you for my addiction to it.

Oh Cha!

Woooo! I take full credit. :)
Yellow teas are where it’s at.

Green and GREAT ^^

No further detailed description available.

Pure energy!!!