Organic White Peony (Bai Mu Dan)

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Spacemunkey

• “Warning to those who read this: My tasting may be a bit off right now due to some meds I'm on that make my mouth taste funny. This one's scent catches you from about a foot or so away. Up...” Read full tasting note
    RumpusParable 275 tasting notes
  • “ The tea leaves smell so delicious when you open the package. Vanilla, roasted, creamy, mulberry, acorns on a fall day, black tea with milk scent. Brewed, the liquor is a beautiful golden...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 214 tasting notes
  • “Slightly woody and nutty with notes of bamboo. Better or equal to many other versions I've had of this popular style. Leaves were in great condition, many large and in well-intact '2 leaves and...” Read full tasting note
    spacemunkey 20 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

White Peony (Bai Mu Dan) is the most common style of traditional white tea and consists of two tealeaves and a silvery bud. Bai Mu Dan is prized for its smooth, sweet flavor and slightly woody, toasted aroma. Gentle processing and a unique withering process result in an amber-orange infusion with low astringency, weighty mouth-feel and a mild flavor that pairs well with most foods.

Water: 185°F /
Leaves: 2 tablespoons per 8 ounces /
Infusion Time: 3–5 minutes /
Ingredients: Organic white tea. /
Origin: Fujian, China.

About Rishi Tea View company

Warning to those who read this: My tasting may be a bit off right now due to some meds I’m on that make my mouth taste funny.

This one’s scent catches you from about a foot or so away. Up close it gives to mind hard-rock candy, woodsy notes, but mostly that strong sweetness.

Tasted while still quite hot this is surprisingly spicy. It also carries the sweetness smelled over to a honey tone. Not strong in the flavor, more of a faint whiff or thought gotten when swallowing. The finish has the sweetness again in a back of throat coating feeling/taste.

As it cools it somewhat reminds me of a black tea in it’s heaviness and medium burnt taste. The sweetness now seems more like brown sugar. The spicy has faded away almost completely.

Delighted to get to try this thanks to a trade with Silvermage2000.

Brewed, the liquor is a beautiful golden amber color.
This is a nice, flavorful white tea with sweet cream notes. It tastes like light black tea with milk. So creamy,,,I love this white tea. Delicious.

Slightly woody and nutty with notes of bamboo. Better or equal to many other versions I’ve had of this popular style. Leaves were in great condition, many large and in well-intact ‘2 leaves and bud’. Sometimes I add a little extra silver needles to create a custom blend with a lighter finish and a little extra fuzziness.

I drink this often and I never get tired of it. Good value with 4oz tins about $10.