Blueberry Rooibos

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Blueberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Hibiscus, Organic Schizandra Berry, Rooibos, Strawberry
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by hedgren

• “I'm addicted to steepster. Everytime I drink tea, I can't stop thinking about going to steepster and logging my tea. Sometimes, I admit, I'm too lazy to write a review. So this blueberry...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1589 tasting notes
  • “You wake up to the sound of your alarm, and reach over to hit the snooze button. But you realize that your alarm clock is a blueberry. Confused, you sit up and reach to turn on the light, except...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Meh incarnate. I bought this tea several months ago from Rishi, but never got around to try it. I'm not the hugest fan of blueberries, but I figured it might be a nice caffeine-free alternative...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “Tea from last night. I picked up this sample from the folks at Rishi while at World Tea East and I figured why not try it before bed last night. Well, I hardly got the package open before the...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

African rooibos and real, wild blueberries in perfect balance provide tart, juicy and naturally sweet flavors that taste great hot or iced. Blueberry Rooibos is artfully hand blended in small batches using only 100% naturally caffeine-free botanicals and artisan herbal tea-blending techniques.

About Rishi Tea View company

I’m not normally into Rooibos blends(because Rooibos is great by itself), but this one is a blast… of blueberry!

This is my mid-afternoon tea today and when I opened the bag I could smell a nice blueberry scent. I drank it after a wait time of 5 minutes. This tea did not deliver in the sharpness taste of the blueberries I was hoping for. Love the color, the smell straight from the package but would not order this tea again. If you are looking for a mild blueberry taste this tea might be for you.

MissB sent this one my way and i’m SUPER glad she did. I really like this one. This is tart, sour blueberry – not that sticky sweet sort of blueberry. I suspect adding a little sweetner to this would make it delicious as well, but tonight i am enjoying the tartness of this. it’s not quite genuine blueberry taste but it is really nice. Especially since it’s a rooibos base and not a green base! wooohoo! thanks for sharing this one with me MissB!

Final Count: 174 [ Fake Cupboard at 110 teas with 64 Samples]

MissB

Ooh, so glad that you liked this!

OMGsrsly

Umm. This might be the same as the one I got from SOKO. You need to taste it (when you get it) and let me know.

will do, and yes i did missB…i’ll get to more of your samples sooooon! haha

I made my friend who does not particularly like tea try this with me after I had purchased my first electric tea kettle (and splurged on tea to try with it) and he loved it and ended up drinking more than me, probably around three cups.

When I grabbed it in the store I could smell it through the box already. It smelt delicious, like freshly baked blueberry muffins. As soon as I got home I had to try it. I picked it over the other five flavors of tea I had bought that day. I was NOT disappointed.

It tasted exactly like it had smelt, but also had a hint of almost black tea too it. The blueberry sent was amazing, and the taste matched it perfectly. I am no tea expert, and my experience in trying rooibos is lacking, so I cannot comment on that much, but the flavor did not disappoint.

I know for a fact this is going to become one of my favorite teas in my collection and will be a reoccurring purchase for me!

I so wish that there wasn’t any hibiscus in here, otherwise it would be the perfect blueberry tea. VERY flavorful!

mmm blueberry….

Suziqzer

Sometimes I think the same thing w/rooibos. I wish more companies would use the green since it seems more mellow & less woodsy, at least from my experience.

MissB

I found little woodsy-ness in this one, although I do agree completely with you, Suziqzer!

Suziqzer

I have had very few of the green rooibos blends but that’s what I’ve gathered so far. Some flavors work well with the woodsy notes though.

This tea is ok. It smells amazing. As soon as I opened the package my entire kitchen smelled like blueberry muffins. Once it’s steeped there’s lots of blueberry flavor, but unfortunately there is also a strange medicinal note and it gets stronger as the tea cools.

I had no problem finishing my cup, but this isn’t a tea I will reorder.

Sarsonator

Oh bummer. I’m still looking for the perfect blueberry tea. I think I’ll avoid this one!

i really like serendipitea’s bluberry tea they have… 20% currently in may (code: may savings) though it may not be for everyone. i steep it in vodka lol for blueberry vodka haha

Sarsonator

Sounds awesome! I will add that one to my list to try. :)

Veronica

Design a tea has a really good blueberry nutmeg tea called Renaissance. It’s my favorite blueberry tea so far. You can also make your own tea and use blueberry as a flavor.

What a rare find! I’m a fan of rooibos blended with vanilla, but I haven’t tried it blended with much else. This tea is gorgeous; the blueberry scent and taste are perfect and fresh. It doesn’t even need sweetening.

I love this tea. Tart, tangy. The blueberries are present in the smell and every sip. If you don’t like blueberries, this one isn’t going to be for you.

I used to work at a place where a person would get called back onto the sales floor during their lunch breaks. I wanted tea, darn it, but finicky teas were out. This tea is not finicky.

I do not add anything to this when I drink it. Straight up blueberry, baby. ;)

I highly recommend this rooibos blend. The blueberries add a sweet, fruity flavor that goes a long way. Like other rooibos blends, a little bit in one’s teaball goes a long way. I drink this both hot and cold.

I love blueberry tea, but this one just didn’t do it for me. When you open up the package it smells like blueberries and it made my mouth water. I was a bit let down once I started drinking because it was pretty tart and I’m not a fan of tart teas. I did find that once I added sugar it was better. I also steeped this one twice and the second time around it wasn’t nearly as tart and much more to my liking.