Blueberry Rooibos

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Blueberry, Natural Flavours, Organic Hibiscus, Organic Schizandra Berry, Rooibos, Strawberry
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by hedgren

• “I’m addicted to steepster. Everytime I drink tea, I can’t stop thinking about going to steepster and logging my tea. Sometimes, I admit, I’m too lazy to write a review. So this...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1613 tasting notes
  • “You wake up to the sound of your alarm, and reach over to hit the snooze button. But you realize that your alarm clock is a blueberry. Confused, you sit up and reach to turn on the light, except...” Read full tasting note
    takgoti 260 tasting notes
  • “Meh incarnate. I bought this tea several months ago from Rishi, but never got around to try it. I’m not the hugest fan of blueberries, but I figured it might be a nice caffeine-free...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 187 tasting notes
  • “Tea from last night. I picked up this sample from the folks at Rishi while at World Tea East and I figured why not try it before bed last night. Well, I hardly got the package open before the smell...” Read full tasting note
    IllBeMother221B 419 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

African rooibos and real, wild blueberries in perfect balance provide tart, juicy and naturally sweet flavors that taste great hot or iced. Blueberry Rooibos is artfully hand blended in small batches using only 100% naturally caffeine-free botanicals and artisan herbal tea-blending techniques.

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

I’m not normally into Rooibos blends(because Rooibos is great by itself), but this one is a blast… of blueberry!

1963 tasting notes

Snagged the last of this from MissB this evening. So happy I did. I iced it. I love this tea. It’s so freaking good, and the one place I know that sells it is just over an hour away… so not really a place I can just pop into to pick more up.

Thank you SO MUCH for this evening, MissB!!

This is my staple cold brew in the summers because it is very cheap. However, the rating goes toward the taste and its ability to preform as a tea. This tea does not appeal as a hot tea but taste very good cold. I cold brew this overnight so I can avoid the woodsy taste and extract a smooth rooibos flavor with blueberry accents. Overall I am pleased with thee flavor this has as the summer goes on and I drink a few gallons of it month.

3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The blueberry flavor tastes pretty aggressive and artificial. It curdles milk if you try to add some…so don’t do that.

Flavors: Blueberry

This is a little too tart for me tonight so I ended up adding a little bit of sugar. I find this tea very enjoyable. You definitely get the blueberry out of the sip! That was what I was looking for to start my evening. I really like the color the liquid of this tea is too, just beautiful.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 591 ML

It is a tad bit concerning when I open a bag of tea at work and the next 5 people to pass my room ask me what air freshener I am using because they can smell it down the freaking hall. Yeah. That’s this tea. Blueberries everywhere. I only open my cabinet door when I absolutely must because when I do, I know that I will unless the blueberry fury.

Now, the taste? You’d never guess by the smell but this tastes exactly like…..oh yeah, blueberries. Like so many of them. Stuffed in your mouth. And quite possible up your nose.

I promise this tastes better than I’m making it sound. I’ve had it hot and iced and I’m not sure which I prefer. There is just a slight hint of something I’m not completely fond of…maybe something that tastes too close to artificial? Or maybe it’s just the rooibos sneaking into what might otherwise taste like juice.

I don’t know….I don’t even know what to do with this air freshener tea except keep saying thank you when people comment on my new perfume….

Flavors: Blueberry

This is my mid-afternoon tea today and when I opened the bag I could smell a nice blueberry scent. I drank it after a wait time of 5 minutes. This tea did not deliver in the sharpness taste of the blueberries I was hoping for. Love the color, the smell straight from the package but would not order this tea again. If you are looking for a mild blueberry taste this tea might be for you.

MissB sent this one my way and i’m SUPER glad she did. I really like this one. This is tart, sour blueberry – not that sticky sweet sort of blueberry. I suspect adding a little sweetner to this would make it delicious as well, but tonight i am enjoying the tartness of this. it’s not quite genuine blueberry taste but it is really nice. Especially since it’s a rooibos base and not a green base! wooohoo! thanks for sharing this one with me MissB!

Final Count: 174 [ Fake Cupboard at 110 teas with 64 Samples]

Ooh, so glad that you liked this!

Umm. This might be the same as the one I got from SOKO. You need to taste it (when you get it) and let me know.

will do, and yes i did missB…i’ll get to more of your samples sooooon! haha

I made my friend who does not particularly like tea try this with me after I had purchased my first electric tea kettle (and splurged on tea to try with it) and he loved it and ended up drinking more than me, probably around three cups.

When I grabbed it in the store I could smell it through the box already. It smelt delicious, like freshly baked blueberry muffins. As soon as I got home I had to try it. I picked it over the other five flavors of tea I had bought that day. I was NOT disappointed.

It tasted exactly like it had smelt, but also had a hint of almost black tea too it. The blueberry sent was amazing, and the taste matched it perfectly. I am no tea expert, and my experience in trying rooibos is lacking, so I cannot comment on that much, but the flavor did not disappoint.

I know for a fact this is going to become one of my favorite teas in my collection and will be a reoccurring purchase for me!

I so wish that there wasn’t any hibiscus in here, otherwise it would be the perfect blueberry tea. VERY flavorful!

mmm blueberry….

Sometimes I think the same thing w/rooibos. I wish more companies would use the green since it seems more mellow & less woodsy, at least from my experience.

I found little woodsy-ness in this one, although I do agree completely with you, Suziqzer!

I have had very few of the green rooibos blends but that’s what I’ve gathered so far. Some flavors work well with the woodsy notes though.