Peppermint Rooibos

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

Peppermint Rooibos has a deep red infusion with a fresh minty flavor and aroma. It’s great hot or iced with a wedge of lemon or lime. Unlike other teas, Rooibos is devoid of bitterness and naturally sweet without sugar.

About Rishi Tea View company

Rishi Tea specializes in sourcing the most rarefied teas and botanical ingredients from exotic origins around the globe. This forms a palette from which we craft original blends inspired by equal parts ancient herbal wisdom and modern culinary innovation. Discover new tastes and join us on our journey to leave ‘No Leaf Unturned’.

Has it really been 4 years since I have drank this?
Thanks to Azzrian I was able to have some more! Thanks so much! See other notes :)

I enjoyed a few cups of this throughout the day. My stomach was a little upset from last night’s Thai food binge. Oh man, I love Thai food! The family that owns the Thai joint that I go to uses a spicy scale of 1-5, five being “ethnic”. Of course I’m all about eating as authentic and ethnic as possible, so I went for the big 5. The server smiled.

My husband and I go to this restaurant once every 1-2 weeks, so they know us well. Well enough to send us a Christmas card in the mail, as a matter of fact. (We’re good customers.) It was totally worth the burn…and this tea did help soothe. At least I think it helped…maybe I’m developing a cast iron “ethnic” stomach.

Either that or chronic heartburn! ;D

Sawatdee ka! That’s about all the Thai I know. I used to know how to say “I am hungry,” but it’s been replaced in my head with an inappropriate Chinese phrase. Now you’ve got me craving Thai food. Funny how mint really helps calm your stomach down. It’s one of the only “herbal remedies” I’ve found to truly work on the regular.

I like mint. I like a lot of mint. I think I like mint that may blow other people’s taste buds out.

I like this tea, but I was hoping for more mint, less rooibos. It’s got an earthy backnote to it, and the light, clean note of the peppermint. However, I am enjoying this cuppa, and will be quite happy to polish off this sample from Lena.

MORE peppermint? Yikes girl…this one is totally peppermint! lol

I like Celestial Seasoning peppermint. You know, the one that everyone says blows their heads off….

What am I doing drinking a blend with both peppermint and rooibos in it? The word “bergamot” drew me in, much like the glittering windows at Tiffany’s did the other day. Also they were out of earl grey and I was desperate. Anyway, peppermint rooibos. Eh. I think the addition of bergamot is a little pointless to be honest – as per usual the peppermint overwhelms and the rooibos gives it that piney rooibos aftertaste. Yep. Regret in a cup.

Oh so sorry! :(

aww :( sneaky bergamot bribe

This is a nice mint tisane. Lots of peppermint flavor. The rooibos is there but it’s light. This is wonderful after a day of indulging in too much good food and way too much sugar. Mint is a wonderful thing.

My sister gave me several different Rishi tea bags, and I’ve been happy with them so far. They’ve been very convenient and great quality. I’m looking forward to giving the rest of them a try.

Boy am I really milking this one! I have enough for one more serving, and I’m going to be resteeping the leaves I’m sipping up now. I have completely and utterly fallen in love with you, Peppermint Rooibos. I love everything about you! You are so versatile. You love cold and hot. You are still great room temperature. I changed my rating from 92 to 100!

I bought some Peppermint from Adagio in the hopes of recreating this in some way.

This blend, however, has “natural essential oils of bergamot and peppermint” so I’m assuming that enhances the flavors. Anyhow, I have this strange idea about trying to add a dash of MILK to this! I’ll try it on my second steep! >_

Great alternative to plain old peppermint. The rooibos adds a little more body, without competing. This is perfect when I’m avoiding caffeine but still want to feel refreshed and alert. No need for sugar even. It also tastes similar to Foxtrot, but lacks the sleepyness inducing chamomile element.

This rooibos has a nice, refreshing mint aftertaste. I consumed it while watching A&E’s, “Storage Wars.” Like the personalities on the show, this beverage is full of character!

I love Rishi Tea’s organic peppermint tea and also its organic rooibos tea so I thought that this would be a perfect blend of the two. However, I was most definitely wrong. The tea doesn’t have a strong enough peppermint flavor and honestly the blend tastes “off” and a bit bland (even the first steep). I will not be drinking this again and I wouldn’t recommend this tea to others. You’re better off making a hot cup of their peppermint tea!

Nice and relaxing tea.. Perfect just before bed in my opinion!