Peppermint Rooibos

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

Peppermint Rooibos has a deep red infusion with a fresh minty flavor and aroma. It’s great hot or iced with a wedge of lemon or lime. Unlike other teas, Rooibos is devoid of bitterness and naturally sweet without sugar.

About Rishi Tea View company

1995 tasting notes

This could quite possibly be my new favorite peppermint tea. That really surprised me because I’m not a huge fan of rooibos. The taste of this is overwhelmingly peppermint on the first steep, but the second I get more of the rooibos coming through. I thought the second steep was a little weak so I mixed the two together and I think that it is about perfect for me.

I used a bagged version of this and it just dawned on me that I used one bag to 16oz of water rather than 8oz [see what happens when your sick, you just don’t pay attention to details]. I really think this might have been overpowering if I had done it correctly, my first steep was incredibly strong even with the extra water. Still, this was really yummy and made my sore throat feel a million times better.

Great tea after a meal. It is refreshing and strong – just the way I like it. I lean towards rooibos teas so this blend is perfect. Another staple. Love it.

as a peppermint/bergamot lover, this tea did it for me. I wanted a wonderful, strong, aromatic peppermint, and this one definitely does the trick. and because it’s rooibos, its a bit sweeter than plain peppermint and gives a beautiful burgundy liquor.
This has to be one of my favorite teas of all time, it’s a staple in my cupboard
:-)

Had my first cup of this tea tonight and I thought it was quite good. I’m not sure quite what I expected before I took my first sip but I thought it would be slightly sweet although this was probably just some preconceived notion drawn from some super sweetened artificially flavored peppermint tea I had drank in the past. Anyway, I steeped for 7 minutes and I honestly did not taste the rooibos all that much. I’ve always found rooibos to just taste kind of earthy based on the what I’ve drank in the past. I’m pretty new to the world of tea so my tongue might be off but I just found the flavor to be simply very minty. This didn’t bother me in the least bit cause I like the taste of mint. I actually found it almost cooled my mouth. Anyway, I didn’t find the tea incredible but, whenever I’m in the mood to treat my tongue to a nice minty experience, I’ll brew up a pot of this stuff.

Most striking mint tea I’ve had. Excellent flavor and after taste, and tastes fine on 2nd infusion