Yunnan Breakfast Tea Bag Organic Fair Trade Black Tea

Grass, Hay, Leather, Mineral, Roasted Barley, Wet Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “Color me impressed. This is really nice. It has a fair amount of malt and sweetness to it. What I really like about it is how smooth and thick it feels. For a tea bag tea this is amazing. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 789 tasting notes
  • “I thought it was time for something different in the mornings, I usually make a British Breakfast tea and have for years, but boy am I glad I was ready for a change. This was delicious, it had such...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1995 tasting notes
  • “Simply put, Rishi Tea offers high quality, Organic teas...and this tea is no exception! Delicious, malty with a good, full mouth feel and yet, very smooth. Instead of the "chocolate" note...” Read full tasting note
    MacchaMan 54 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

Yunnan Breakfast is a pure Dian Hong style black tea harvested from Yunnan’s antique tea trees.

Tasting Notes: A robust and flavorful taste profile that is rich and malty with subtle notes of chocolate.

Ingredients: Organic Fair Trade Certified™ black tea.

This tea originates in Yunnan Province, China. Explore the geography of Yunnan below. Notice the diverse landscapes, ranging from the Himalayan foothills in the northwest to lush subtropical rainforests in the south.

About Rishi Tea View company

Color me impressed. This is really nice. It has a fair amount of malt and sweetness to it. What I really like about it is how smooth and thick it feels. For a tea bag tea this is amazing. It’s also a nice change from the other breakfast teas in my cupboard.

Yet another tea I can see myself getting more of. This one I’d love to have on hand for when I travel.

1995 tasting notes

I thought it was time for something different in the mornings, I usually make a British Breakfast tea and have for years, but boy am I glad I was ready for a change. This was delicious, it had such a smooth flavor with a hint of sweetness to it. This is one of those teas that I see is being pretty flexible in its preparation, not everything works well with milk and sugar or iced. I only had the one bag, but I’m going to pick some more up and see if this would make a good replacement for the breakfast tea I use when I make iced tea.

Simply put, Rishi Tea offers high quality, Organic teas…and this tea is no exception!

Delicious, malty with a good, full mouth feel and yet, very smooth. Instead of the “chocolate” note described, I would describe it more of a soft caramel undertone…a hint of sweetness but not cloying.

This Yunnan Breakfast is so smooth, it does not leave any aftertaste…DELICIOUS!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tea.