Pu-erh Ginger

Pu-erh Tea
Earth, Ginger, Mineral
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Rishi Tea

According to traditional Chinese Medicine, Pu-erh tea has a warm and energizing property. It is known to dispel grease and toxins from a diet rich in meat and cholesterol. Our blend of Organic Ginger and Organic Pu-erh was inspired by an ancient herbal formula used as a “beauty aid” and “slimming tea” in Asia. The zesty notes of orange and ginger complement the rich, smooth flavors of Pu-erh.

About Rishi Tea View company

Perfect “cold and rainy day” tea. The ginger meshes well with the pu’erh, taking away any edge of barnyard. Smooth, mellow, and a great intro to pu’erh.

Huh, I was surprised by the general ratings. I notice a lot of steepsters find the ginger overpowering. This is where my liking to more mild tea’s came in handy. I used maybe 12 – 15 oz boiling water to just 1.5 tbsp pu-erh for 5 minutes. The ginger wasn’t too strong and what I enjoyed most was the sheer difference in taste (from green, black, and white, which is what I’ve been drinking most). I guess that’s why it’s called Pu-erh!

Anyway, the ginger is evident and I like it. Otherwise, I’m really not sure how to describe this Pu-erh. Instead I will describe how it doesn’t taste. It’s not musty, or down to earth. It’s not sweet or bitter. It’s not smooth, tangy, vegetal, or floral.

Citrusy? Maybe. Bold? Most likely. Try it for yourself. But I recommend reducing the tea to water ratio.

Very good. I am not much of a ginger person, and even I like this.
I don’t go crazy over it though. However, last time I had friends over for another home cooked dinner made by yours truly, after one sip their faces lit up! THEY LOVED IT. Each of them lost their minds over this tea, and insisted on knowing where I got it from.
So not the right tea for me most days, but what a crowd pleaser!

Also… it’s magnificent for hangovers. :)

This tea really vibes with me right now. The burning sensation from the ginger complements the dark taste of the pu erh. It’s also helped with digestion, and is very filling. A must have for cold winter evenings, when there is a problem with the heat in your apartment and you have piled layers upon layers on yourself. This tea will warm you right up. Excellent!

Too much ginger for me, overpowering the pu-erh tea taste. Caused me to belch, probably the ginger. Can get 3 steepings, but I’ll try other varieties from Rishi.

Nice and creamy, but the ginger dominates. Mellows with a second steeping.

I love this tea, perfect for those cold winter days

Spicy and almost coffee-like in flavor. I love it so, but the caffeine hits so hard that I can see through time after one cup.

SSTTB #16.

Still not feeling so great, and while I had a ginger tea at work, I wanted something less sweet at home. Enter this.

I steeped somewhere around 5 minutes, as I was baking toast and didn’t feel like setting the timer twice. It’s really nice! Earthy mineral puerh, lots of ginger. I added 1/2 tsp honey just to punch it up a little, but although it tastes good like this, I’m not sure it really needs it.

Definitely a decent tea. Not something I need to stock, but I’m glad I had it around this evening.

Flavors: Earth, Ginger, Mineral

Not sure about this one. I like the ginger. It’s got a nice kick, which I enjoy, but the overall taste is a little weak. I brewed according to the directions, and steeped at the high end of the time range,

If I have enough left, I’ll try using 1.5x to 2x the tea per 8 oz next time. I want to like this a little more because I love ginger so much.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cwyn

I’ve had this tea too. The problem is the tea needs to be steeped and ginger is a root that needs to be boiled to extract the essence. One would be better off adding a squeeze of fresh ginger juice to regular puerh. However the tea does help with digestion a bit if I’m feeling overly full and get things moving along.

Sarsonator

Agree. Roots are tough, so maybe the minced ginger just doesn’t do well with this type of infusion.